ATTEMPTED SCAM K5BCN

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N3AB, Jul 5, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

I no longer sell on QRZ, but I do have items on QTH. Someone using call sign K5BCN attempted to scam me out of an item I have for sale. The email address this person was using is robwatson2626@gmail.com.

I notified K5BCN at his QRZ listed email address.

Be careful!

John. N3AB

KA2FIR likes this.
  2. NY5Y

NY5Y Ham Member QRZ Page

He just tried the same with me with that email.
    RT NY5Y

N3AB likes this.
  3. N3AB

N3AB Subscriber QRZ Page

Below are the two emails I received from K5BCN:

"What is the condition and your last asking price? Are you firm on the price? Willing to pay your asking price but am more concerned about the condition since am not a local buyer.I do hope the condition is as you have stated"

AND:

"Okay am willing to add an extra $50 for you to reserve it in my favor.. And I'll be mailing a cashier check for the payment, and once the bank posts the fund, which shouldn't take more than a day, I'll arrange for the shipping. Let me have your name and address so that I can arrange for the payment"

At that point I looked into his "history" on Google as his 1X3 call was not a typical vanity call. I found that others reported this call as a scammer. I informed this jackass that I will be posting his attempted purchase on the forums.

I have not heard back from the real K5BCN.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    KA2FIR, KS4W and K3XR like this.
  4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

5. WB4M

WB4M Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He said the same things in the scam attempt to me yesterday. I did inform the real K5BCN and he is aware of it, I also emailed KA9FOX of the QTH ads. I also forwarded the headers, etc, to Google.

KA2FIR likes this.
  6. WB4M

Tried with me also!

7. KC9BH

KC9BH Ham Member QRZ Page

He tried me too!!! I gathered all of his information, email and IP address, and I called my friend who is a Special Agent for the FBI. We filled a complaint with the FBI and it will be interesting to see if they can track this son of a bitch down and lock him up.

8. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

9. WB4M

AJ4GQ and KA2FIR like this.