AT-878UV Programming

Discussion in 'Digital Radio, DMR, Fusion, Wires, DSTAR' started by K6GBW, Aug 14, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K6GBW

K6GBW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello everyone, I have this radio and I've been trying to program it for both ham repeaters as well as GMRS (I have license for both). The problem I've run into is that when I put the radio into commercial mode (000000 or 000001) it will allow me to program ham band and commercial band, but it restricts me to only 12.5 khz on the ham bands. This obviously isn't going to work because all the analog repeaters in SoCal are 25khz bandwidth.

Am I missing something here? I know people have done this, I just can't seem to figure out how it was done.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Brian

2. K6GBW

Disregard, I got it to work in Mode 13. Now to figure out how to import some data from another code plug.

3. KQ0J

KQ0J XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Open the other code plug, export the file. Download your current HT config into the tool, do an IMPORT of the other file. Upload to the radio.

4. K6GBW

Yep, figured it out after a few hours of fiddling around. I also discovered the "Professional" mode vs the "Amateur" mode difference. As I discovered its also pretty important to match the CPS vs. to the radio's firmware vs. I had to update the radios firmware to use the latest CPS. Fun fun fun!