ASTRON VS-35M-AP Question

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KO4CUO, Nov 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. KO4CUO

KO4CUO Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you remove the voltage and current knobs on the front of this radio and replace them easily? I'm considering one of these, but the problem is I've got young kids who like to come into my hamshack and spin the knobs. If the knobs aren't removable, then I'll probably have to settle for a fixed voltage unit.

2. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

IIRC, the knobs come off of a 1/4" shaft. They are held in place by a set screw. But unless you are needing to vary the voltage, that is pretty much a useless option. The current limit is a little more useful.

My opinion is to not buy a linear supply like these, but instead look at a modern switcher. But the Astron linear supplies are very popular, and have a fan base. They just are not very efficient or priced right for what they are. IMO, YMMV.

3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

Question ?
    I have the RS35, no meters or adjustments except for on/off switch, why would you ever need to adjust the volatge on this ? Only if you are using it on a test bench for repair work !
    My supply runs a couple of radios that want 13.8 v to run.
    It sits under the desk out of my way.