SOLD ASTATIC 897HL DESK MICROPHONE

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by W5MP, Dec 4, 2019 at 11:08 PM.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W5MP

W5MP Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a new-in-the-box, (new old stock) Astatic model 897HL desk-top Station Microphone. She's never been used and I tested with my Drake TR-4 using the 897HL in the HIGH impedance mode. Output level and fidelity were excellent. For use on modern ham transceivers requiring LOW impedance, we simply move the slide switch on the bottom of base to LOW. For my test, I tack-soldered the proper mic plug to the pair of wires going to the cartridge, now disconnected after testing. None of the mic cable was cut or altered. Anyway, simply put, she's ready for use on the radio of your choice, high or low impedance. The PTT bar can be locked in place like when operating the AM mode where transmissions can be a few minutes. Here are ten photos for your evaluation. The Astatic 897HL will be in its plastic bag, in original packaging material and box. That will be sent to you in a larger box. Sell for $70 + shipping. E-mail or call anytime. 713-502-2450 Mike W5MP

Attached Files:

W1TRY, N6WMD, KA8UGB and 2 others like this.
  2. AA3SO

AA3SO Ham Member QRZ Page

not new now! its used :)

3. W5MP

W5MP Ham Member QRZ Page

SOLD-- I have a new-in-the-box, (new old stock) Astatic model 897HL desk-top Station Microphone. She's never been used and I tested with my Drake TR-4 using the 897HL in the HIGH impedance mode. Output level and fidelity were excellent. For use on modern ham transceivers requiring LOW impedance, we simply move the slide switch on the bottom of base to LOW. For my test, I tack-soldered the proper mic plug to the pair of wires going to the cartridge, now disconnected after testing. None of the mic cable was cut or altered. Anyway, simply put, she's ready for use on the radio of your choice, high or low impedance. The PTT bar can be locked in place like when operating the AM mode where transmissions can be a few minutes. Here are ten photos for your evaluation. The Astatic 897HL will be in its plastic bag, in original packaging material and box. That will be sent to you in a larger box. Sell for $70 + shipping. E-mail or call anytime. 713-502-2450 Mike W5MP
    SOLD--

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read the Swapmeet Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Got questons? Contact our moderation team here...

All Sellers Must Be Verified As of July 1, 2019, only Verified Users are permitted to post in this forum.