Asked to leave a frequency (10.112 mh)?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD8ZM, Sep 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-gcopper
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the same question. Did he literally send "leave the frequency" or what ?

2. K6LPM

K6LPM Ham Member QRZ Page

I think that maybe could have been the situation. Maybe he could copy a different radio service utilizing the freq. that you couldnt copy and he realized that after the QSO and he decided to warn you or something.
    You did the right thing. Easier to error on the side of caution and courtesy. Just relinquish the freq. No need to congest the band with questions or argue who was there first. For whatever reason the other operator wanted you to QSY or QRT, you did the absolute right thing by going SK on the freq. And then posting any question of it right here. No question is stupid question if you are unsure about operating procedure. KUDOS TO YOU. You are on the way to becoming a FB ham radio operator.

3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

The only thing I thought of is an established Emergency Net in operation, with all the hurricanes and earthquakes lately, but if there was no traffic, I am wondering if just some inconsiderate DX chasing was going on :eek: with a station too weak for you to hear, but then you would have heard other stateside stations calling. o_O
    Still wondering ! :confused: