ad: Hamts-1

Asked to leave a frequency (10.112 mh)?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD8ZM, Sep 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I had the same question. Did he literally send "leave the frequency" or what ?
  2. K6LPM

K6LPM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I think that maybe could have been the situation. Maybe he could copy a different radio service utilizing the freq. that you couldnt copy and he realized that after the QSO and he decided to warn you or something.
    You did the right thing. Easier to error on the side of caution and courtesy. Just relinquish the freq. No need to congest the band with questions or argue who was there first. For whatever reason the other operator wanted you to QSY or QRT, you did the absolute right thing by going SK on the freq. And then posting any question of it right here. No question is stupid question if you are unsure about operating procedure. KUDOS TO YOU. You are on the way to becoming a FB ham radio operator.
  3. K8JD

K8JD Ham Member QRZ Page

The only thing I thought of is an established Emergency Net in operation, with all the hurricanes and earthquakes lately, but if there was no traffic, I am wondering if just some inconsiderate DX chasing was going on :eek: with a station too weak for you to hear, but then you would have heard other stateside stations calling. o_O
    Still wondering ! :confused:
  4. KE0IMD

KE0IMD Ham Member QRZ Page

It's likely that you couldn't hear the other station and the ham who answered you after calling CQ didn't want to interrupt their QSO initially, which explains the initial silence.
    It would have been nice for them to at least explain what happened so you weren't left puzzled, though.
  5. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, just how long are you supposed to wait for a station that you can't hear after you QRL?
    KD8ZM likes this.
  6. KE0IMD

KE0IMD Ham Member QRZ Page

Who said anything about waiting for stations you can’t hear?
  7. K6JJR

K6JJR Ham Member QRZ Page

I was asked to move on 30M a while ago. Even though I QRLd 4 times, watched my scope and listened. It seems a number of DX stations are asking hams to GO UP, usually claiming at least 10KHZ as theirs. These days we are expected to not only QRL but monitor several DX clusters before transmitting! That's way too much work for me! :)
    ND6M likes this.
  8. K6JJR

K6JJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Wait at least 30 minutes while you check every DX cluster on the Interweb. :)
    ND6M likes this.
  9. N1OOQ

N1OOQ Ham Member QRZ Page

That's just ridiculous. If there's a 10 kHz gap between the DX and the pileup, I see no reason why we can't make use of it. Narrow filters exist.
    N2SUB likes this.
  10. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

see post # 24
    N8AFT likes this.