ad: GNOHF-1

Asked to leave a frequency (10.112 mh)?

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by KD8ZM, Sep 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N3HEE

N3HEE Ham Member QRZ Page

Exactly how did the OP ask you to leave ? Did you notice if the OP was using the frequency after he asked you to leave ? If I were the OP I would have explained to you why I wanted you to QSY. He may have been waiting for a sked ?

2. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

He was not using the frequency after our QSO. I waited a minute or two and then called CQ, at that point he asked me to leave.
    Thanks everyone, sounds like maybe he was just being more territorial than he was supposed to - glad I wasn't missing something!

3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe I missed it but did the station that asked you to leave give their call ? If not I would have completely ignored them.

4. N6OIL

N6OIL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Then the other OP was operating illegally by not ID'ing, right?

K8AI likes this.
  5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

After a couple minutes, he may have been hearing other stations that you could not hear. Also, after that time length of silence you can't necessarily claim 'right of usage'. shrug. You did the courteous thing by cooperating with his request. Don't sweat it. Move on. 73. b.

6. HB9FXW

HB9FXW Ham Member QRZ Page

30m is also used by different services/utilities troughout the world and hams should give them the priority. The ARRL says ( http://www.arrl.org/frequency-allocations ) "Amateurs must avoid interference to the fixed service outside the US" so maybe that was that?

K6LPM likes this.
  7. KD8ZM

KD8ZM Ham Member QRZ Page

It didn't bug me (or straight key me, either :) ) Just wanted to make sure I wasn't violating some unwritten rule. Tnx.

K6JJR likes this.
  8. KQ4MM

KQ4MM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok you went there .. They did sideswipe you, but at least you didn't get cooties ... get it sideswiper cootie key ... :) sorry had to do it..

K4OCY likes this.
  9. K7JOE

K7JOE Ham Member QRZ Page

How exactly did he ask you to leave? Being a relatively new CW op, perhaps you misinterpreted a Q-signal or mis-copied his traffic. Or, perhaps he wanted to see if you could go to a different band/frequency to work him there?

Welcome to CW. It's the best mode in my opinion. Great people. intelligent people. DX people. Experienced people. It's cool to know code too! Great job! Hope to work you soon.

73, Joe

WD4IGX likes this.
  10. N8AFT

N8AFT Subscriber QRZ Page

No Contesting is permitted on 30m.
    SKCC sprinting is considered contesting.
    Hard to say but I hope it is not just another freq holder.
    No one has an exclusive 'right' to a certain frequency, just so you are aware but sure you may be.
    With band conditions being as they are lately, you probably QRM'd after asking QRL? and weren't aware.