ARRL's turbulent road in censuring league officials and directors

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NN3W, Oct 7, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Reposted from an email reflector:

For the first time, a pretty complete record of the censure actions against N6AA and similar actions related to ARRL governance has been published. It includes documents and information related to:

- the disqualification of K4AC during the election process (while ballots were being cast) in the Southeastern Division;
    - the disqualification of the then-sitting Atlantic Division vice-director K3RF from running for director of the Atlantic Division;
    - censure attempt against West Gulf Division director K5RAV;
    - first (unsuccessful) attempt to censure Southwestern Division director N6AA; and
    - second (successful) attempt to censure Southwestern Division director N6AA.

The information is labeled as : "authorized by and compliant with the ARRL POLICY ON BOARD GOVERNANCE AND CONDUCT OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND VICE DIRECTORS."

Read the information is here: https://tinyurl.com/y9xe76h6 (normal url: http://kkn.net/n6aa/arrlcensure/index.htm#sect)

Anyone in a Division where director elections are currently in progress -- including here on the East Coast: Roanoke, New England, and Hudson -- should read this information before voting if they are thinking about voting for their current director.

K7VZ and NL7W like this.
  2. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought I was reasonably up-to-date on the events you described, generally, but this was news to me. When did this happen? I also don't see it mentioned at the site you linked.

3. NL7W

NL7W Ham Member QRZ Page

ARRL Leadership... the ultimate OM's Club.
    By invitation only.

NK2U, AI7PM, ND6M and 1 other person like this.
  4. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

The site references items that occurred starting in 2016.

5. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Right, but I was specifically looking for the info on Dr. Woolweaver, K5RAV. Other than a passing mention to an attempt to censure him, I didn't see any info or details pertaining to him.

6. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

That one is news to me as well, Matt.

KS9Q and KK5JY like this.
  7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Considering the nature of the website hosting this page and these documents, it’s now a little clearer to me why an allegation was raised by a current Director against the “contest community”.

It’s also... interesting to note that several of the referenced documents refer to dealings that a candidate/potential candidate/elected officer had with either ICOM and that well-know amateur radio dealer, REDACTED. It makes one wonder why not a word was said, during the candidacy and then during his term as WPA SM, about Tim Duffy K3LR. Yes, I know the rules and ethical constraints & considerations for the SM are not the same as Division Director or Vice Director.

Still... considering K3LR’s relationship with DX Engneering, there is an appearance of hypocrisy, to say the least.

8. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have YOU ever tried to join?

K1TGX likes this.
  9. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great question.

I think it's actually pretty easy to land a job that pays nothing and requires a great deal of work if one is to be considered good at it.:)

K1TGX, N2NH and N2EY like this.
  10. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I also can find no reference to a "censure attempt" against K5RAV in the linked material, and nothing along those lines turned up in a Google search, either.

KK5JY likes this.