ad: elecraft

ARRL Sweepstakes (SSB)

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K6DWI, Nov 14, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. K6DWI

K6DWI Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AD4PF

AD4PF Ham Member QRZ Page

Oh it is it's a bunch of idiots on top of one another screwing up the whole band how everybody else need to set aside so the band for contesting and leave the rest of the band alone don't have respect for nobody so you bunch of idiots I hope you have fun you call it sound like a bunch of bees to me

3. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Billy: Don't be shy... Tell us how you really feel! :rolleyes:

4. WN1MB

WN1MB Ham Member QRZ Page

Operate some CW this weekend to avoid the contest madness. Oh yes - good luck fixing the period and comma keys on that keyboard.

K0UO and KK4HIR like this.
  5. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

How about 60 meters SSB? Or maybe SSB on 17 meters? Or 12 Meters? Or do a little digital on 30?

Or how about CW on: 160 meters, 80 meters, 40 meters, 20 meters, 15 meters and 10 meters?

Maybe try some FT8, JS8Call, PSK-31 etc. on 160, 80, 60, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10, or 6?

You're really not very creative in your griping. I mean thinking.

Dave
    W7UUU

K0UO likes this.
  6. WG7X

WG7X Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Warning! Thread drift coming...

So, one thing I actually like about sweeps is that the exchange includes all the info I need. IOW, if I tune to a signal where the OP is running, it only takes a bit of time before I have all the info I need to make a decision about calling or moving on.
    Something I could do without? The strange beginning and end times for ARRL contests... Certainly favors east coast, which is fair because that's where it all began, but...

7. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"please copy...." You won't hear the good contest ops saying that

W7UUU likes this.
  8. N2YG

N2YG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Billy, during contests you should turn off the radio and take an English class. Your grammar is horrible.