ad: elecraft

ARRL report - No Consensus Reached for FCC on “Symbol Rate” Issues

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W0PV, Jul 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  2. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Many people miss the fact that email may be encrypted by text methods easily. While not decrypt proof, they still represent an attempt to obscure the meaning of the text. Even if you can read the email, if it contains the text: "aqlmf p2hts fnfiq tmz96" you can't readily understand it. The meaning is encrypted therefore obscured.

3. WB6CXC

WB6CXC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not sure of your point here. Yes, this is obviously true, email *may* be encrypted by sending cyphertext. So can CW (5-character code groups for example) and so can plain old voice communications ("Antenna here is three-element yagi" = "we attack at dawn"). If you are singling out email for this reason, why? This can be done (and has been done) with any mode of communications.

4. KX4O

KX4O Ham Member QRZ Page

What if this is the actual payload? Just sayin...

5. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W0PV

W0PV Ham Member QRZ Page

Carried further an obsession on that can really become delusional as portrayed in the award winning biopic A Beautiful Mind about the math genius John Nash.

7. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

In 2017, I reported to Laura Smith that I sent an email from a public address to a Winlink user with encrypted content. Nobody noticed it. She told me never to do that again but since I sent from the public side she got my point. The issue is who has responsibility for the encrypted message, the recipient or the ACDS? Who reports the activity? Who is even monitoring to ensure rule compliance? You cant say email is not encrypted when its content may very well be encrypted.

8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

“The cattle are dying”?

9. N9LYA

Always has been about WINLINK...
    Reaching again aren't we.

10. N9LYA

Reaching again aren't we.[/QUOTE]

Allow me to explain. Here a group of over zealous Hams are trying to do nothing more or less then to KILL WINLINK.. They can deny it. We are not stupid..

You are showing something that I agree is possible. Most (maybe not all) WINLINK Sysops try to do their best to operate using Good Operating Practices, and being good neighbors.. I am embarassed now a days becuase I cannot sway public Opinion about Ham Radio.. When someone asks me what is Ham Radio? is that CB? I used to explain the difference.. Now I am like why bother... There is no difference.. Just a bunch of cry baby busy bodies trying to dictate how others run their stations.. I understand is someone is Breaking the RULES.. They should be confronted by the FCC and either comply or lose their license.. but this is not what is going on. A group of individuals are just trying to shutdown WINLINK in its entirety. But why is say 80 meter AM full of CUSS words almost every other word spoken and no outrage? or no outrage of this magnitude?

Why not be a part of the solution instead of part of the problem. We are supposed to be a Brotherhood.. Seems like we are worse then any HOOD I have ever heard of.. Shoot first, make accusations later and wait for Big Brother to Drop a HAMMER.

Oh well.. I guess that is the true state of Amateur Radio Today...
    Hey FCC.. get off your collective desk chairs and enforce the rules so we do not have MASS Lynch Modes like this going around bullying everyone else. This is not HAM RADIO its a JOKE.

73 Jerry N9LYA

KF4MOT likes this.