ad: elecraft

ARRL report - No Consensus Reached for FCC on “Symbol Rate” Issues

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W0PV, Jul 17, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Ria... I been silent for a while.. read the recommendation.. Not totally opposed to it.. a Good read.
    Riddle me this.. And I will drop the subject..
    So the recommendation
    How can it be an ACDS subband if... Stations wider then 500Hz and regardless of auto or not must operate side by side with 500 hz stations in the same so called ACDS subband.. Why is it called an ACDS subband instead of just the HAVEN.. Lot easier to remember.. and less confusing... since it is not just for ACDSs, be a good thing...

Just asking... 73 Jerry N9LYA

KX4O and ND6M like this.
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

That was the first thing that I thought also.

Am I going to have to "slug it out" with an automated robot winlink station for my P to P communications?

3. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sure sounds like it... However, No slugging here.. I have full enhanced busy detection running on all Ports/Modes on HF.. Both Conventional BBS S&F as well as WINLINK Messaging. I have noted over the last couple of years there has been less and less Winlink Traffic? Not sure what's up with that..
    My fear there will either be a QRM Party going on or a lot of people waiting out their busy detectors... I modified my Configuration for IF/WHEN this happens.. Saved a way for that day.

I am not sure why what we had for the last 35 years was not ok all of a sudden.

73 Jerry N9LYA