ad: Halibut-1

ARRL/RAC Section Changes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by EI8IC, Jan 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K3FHP

K3FHP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

WOW! a whole new aection for the 200 hams on P.I.E.

Maybe ARRL will let us form sections for each county....or even city. The 'Section Hunters' will be in paradise. ;)

2. K8MP

K8MP Ham Member QRZ Page

Shucks...
    I was sure they were going to give me my own section. OH-K8MP and everyone else in OH.

3. N3AFS

N3AFS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king!

4. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Our first "CLEAN SWEEP" concerning the ARRL SWEEPSTAKES was in (1976) when I as a recent divorced guy was invited to & operated from the "CONTEST STN" of K6ZM (Phil Frazier) then, both Phil & his XYL were VERY GRACIOUS in offering me lodging @ their home and feeding us as well during the "TEST"!!! As I recall then the (Q) that took us over the top was working the "NORTHWEST TERRITORY" in Canada, and "DAMN" having that "CLEAN SWEEP" WAS LIKE BEING ON A "NATURAL HIGH". :)

5. VE3TMT

VE3TMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Four sections in Ontario...ridiculous.

6. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Are you Contra-Ontarian? :)

7. F1TIO

F1TIO Ham Member QRZ Page

1st april !!!

8. F1TIO

F1TIO Ham Member QRZ Page

I like it.
    In french : Au royaume des aveugles les borgnes sont rois.

9. KE5GIP

KE5GIP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

And perhaps the should separate South East Texas from south Texas, maybe they could label it HTX.
    I have always thought it odd that the Houston area was included in south Texas.

10. N7MZW

N7MZW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have a 2013 and 2014 mug. (N7MZW)

11. W2CSI

W2CSI Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for posting

12. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

First sweep mug. 1991.

The Canada split is ridiculous. There aren’t hams on the air in existing contests for the existing sections ..... Why add more eh?

Maybe high time we in USA adopt Canada as the 51st state and be done with this utter ARRL and RAC section nonsense.

13. KG4DWB

KG4DWB Ham Member QRZ Page

Where do I find more detailed maps? I'm in Orlando FL and not sure where it lands within the boundaries.

14. NY4I

NY4I QRZ Lifetime Member #487 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

In the US, it goes by counties. Florida is as follows:

• Northern Florida -- the counties of Alachua, Baker, Bay, Bradford, Calhoun, Citrus, Clay, Columbia, Dixie, Duval, Escambia, Flagler, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Gulf, Hamilton, Hernando, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Lake, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Marion, Nassau, Okaloosa, Orange, Putnam, Santa Rosa, Seminole, St Johns, Sumter, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Volusia, Wakulla, Walton, Washington
    • Southern Florida -- the counties of Brevard, Broward, Collier, Dade, Glades, Hendry, Indian River, Lee, Martin, Monroe, Okeechobee, Osceola, Palm Beach and St. Lucie
    • West Central Florida -- the counties of Charlotte, DeSoto, Hardee, Highlands, Hillsborough, Manatee, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, and Sarasota
    (Retrieved on 2020 January 23 from http://www.arrl.org/section-boundaries)