ARRL/RAC Section Changes

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by EI8IC, Jan 6, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. EI8IC

EI8IC Ham Member QRZ Page

W2CSI, KB9GNB and W4RAV like this.
  2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

KY6L likes this.
  3. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats to the PEI hams who got the change they wanted. I hope they are just as committed to working Nov SS. :) My first clean sweep was in 1998. 2019 will be my 14th. Does anyone remember when the first clean sweep mugs were introduced?

4. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

There were mugs in 1991 and 1992.

5. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

ARRL April 1st
    Must be Just like an April Fools

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  6. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you have mugs for those years? The style has changed a couple times through the years. Just wonder what they looked like then. The 75th and 8th anniversary of the Sweeps had a unique mug. I'm trying to hang on for the 100th in 2033 (I'll only be 80) just to get the special mug. There will probably be 150 sections by then. :p

7. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I wondered about that. But they already posted it on the web site. A little early for April Fools. Looks like it's for real.

8. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

No, not in those years. Just in 1983 (broom and metal pin) and 1997 as part of a multi-op.

K8BZ likes this.
  9. W5DXP

W5DXP Ham Member QRZ Page

Seems to me that since WTX is more northern than NTX, that NTX should be changed to ETX.

NH7RO, W2HK and K0UO like this.
  10. WB9QVR

WB9QVR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a little confused. As recently as last month's RAC Winter Contest the area shown on the map as "NT" was three different sections (the Yukon, Northern Territories and Nunavut). Yet I see no mention of them being recombined - only that PEI is now a separate section. So is this section map/list only for certain contests or have there been (or will there be) additional changes to the 'official' section designations in Canada?

KG4IGC likes this.