ad: Schulman-1

ARRL Proposes FCC Waive Amateur Radio Fees

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K5XS, Nov 19, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K4KID

K4KID Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, W2JLD / John, if you are going to imply that all who didn't participate in protesting to the FCC are not as "intelligent" as are you,
    then you should probably do a good proofread of your posts. That will help you to "appear to be more intelligent" than we are.
    Quotes from your post...
    "... other hams out there who didn't have enough balls or brains to even compose a complete sentence..."

"I got in this hobby to be surrounded by smart intelligent people but from what ive seen is a bunch of fat a** people
    doing nothing but complaining......how in gods name can we change anything when most of them are doing nothing
    to support this recommendation for appealing it."

The second quote is an incomplete sentence w/ numerous grammatical errors, and missing punctuation, as were many of the statements in your diatribe. The corrections are in red below.

"I got into this hobby to be surrounded by smart, intelligent people, but from what I've seen there is nothing but a bunch of fat a** people
    doing nothing but complaining. How in God's name can we change anything when most of them are doing nothing
    to support this recommendation for appealing it?"

I am intrigued by the claim that all of the people you observed revealed an unhealthy BMI.

Most importantly, John, insulting other people is ABSOLUTELY NOT the way to bring a coalition together to support a cause you feel strongly about.
    A more effective tack would be an explanation of why we should respond the way you want us too. Calling people names just causes them to become
    resistant to your suggestions.

Make the world a better place... be the person your dog thinks you are.
    73 / Terry

NJ1S likes this.
  2. K8SQS

K8SQS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If the ARRL really wants to help, they can reduce their membership dues! It costs a heck of a lot more to be a continuing member than the cost of FCC fees will eve be!

3. NJ1S

NJ1S Ham Member QRZ Page

I AM SORRY BUT I DISAGREE THE ARRL IS A AMAZING ORGANIZATION AND A MUST HAVE! 50 DOLLARS A YEAR AND WE GET A MONTHLY MAGAZINE granted its mostly advertising HOWEVER WITH ALL OF THE OTHER BENEFITS THE ARRL NEEDS TO STAY AND BE ABLE TO MAKE A LITTLE MONEY! WHAT DOES THE FCC ACTUALLY DO FOR US? 73'S WITH BO DISRESPECT MEANT

4. K9UR

K9UR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

And the ARRL.... fails in it's mission...yet again.

that said, $35 for ten years is a bargain for the privilege of being a ham operator.