ARRL proposes elimination of Contest and DX Advisory Committees

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Jan 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WA1GXC

WA1GXC Ham Member QRZ Page

"Insula Nuevo", owned by J. Silvergold III W2BUKS

See QST February 1965

2. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent out a survey to my division late last year. I ask what people think. I apply survey findings, data and member conversations in the board meetings. Always.

W9BRD, N0TZU, K0IDT and 2 others like this.
  3. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

The rationale was to have smaller groups of experts instead of the one per division advisory committees for DX and contesting. However, the motion was withdrawn with an eye toward better engaging the advisory committees and membership. I actually sent out an email to my division explaining my opposition and rationale.

N0TZU, K0IDT, NN4RH and 1 other person like this.
  4. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

i wish all of your colleagues did similarly and more important, I wish the League was as interested in our views as you. Perhaps you could suggest that...

K0IDT and KP4SX like this.
  5. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the detail, and for your efforts communicating with your division. I hope others will follow your example.

KP4SX and K0UO like this.
  6. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is the type of interactivity we want to see with the ARRL.
    Why don't the others make the effort?
    Can you be cloned?

7. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The FCC has NEVER considered amateur radio as essential for E.S.

8. WA4KCN

WA4KCN XML Subscriber QRZ Page

One purpose of the Board is to ensure the organization is effectively working toward achievement of its stated mission, vision and goals. A common goal is the continued improvement in organizational management and structure of the organization. The boards role is to consider the recent results produced by this committee and if found to be lacking to produce change. The existing arrangement was not meeting expectations of board members and the Chief.