ad: M2Ant-1

ARRL proposes elimination of Contest and DX Advisory Committees

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N7WR, Jan 11, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KB9OAK

KB9OAK Ham Member QRZ Page

K0UO likes this.
  2. N2RJ

N2RJ Ham Member QRZ Page

That list is outdated. For example George Tranos is no longer the Hudson rep. It’s Zev Darack, N2WKS.

3. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

Why doesn’t the ARRL ask us, the people who they claim to represent, what our opinions are?

K0UO and W1BR like this.
  4. KF5LJW

KF5LJW Ham Member QRZ Page

That would be a waste of time.

5. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

I wonder if the League is as equally dismissive of what hams think or want. Which is why I asked her, not you, that question.

WG7X, WZ7U and N0TZU like this.
  6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not a league "fanboy", I disagree with certain arrl basic concepts, but,.......................
    The arrl powers that be ARE acting within their legal boundaries.
    They are elected/re elected by popular vote.

Whats the real problem here?

7. N2EY

N2EY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Because, no matter what ARRL does or doesn't do, there are those who just LIVE for the DRAMA!!

KA0HCP, WG7X and WZ7U like this.
  8. N0TZU

N0TZU Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to hear more about the proposed change and rationale before forming an opinion. Where can I find that information?

9. N5HXR

N5HXR Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, I'm a pretty new to ham radio compared to most of you, so I don't really understand the structure of the ARRL. When I read this post, I thought to myself, "I wonder what committees there are," and, "I wonder if there's a committee for my favorite part of the hobby." I found this page, which I suppose must be the list?

There aren't very many committees, and these are the only two "advisory committees". What's the difference between an "ad hoc" committee and an "advisory committee"?

I'll admit that in every ARRL publication I get, I just skip right over all the contest stuff (it's not my central interest). I think they need an, "Engaging the rest of nerd culture committee", or maybe a, "staying relevant committee".

I'd send them an email about it, but exactly 100% of the emails I've sent the ARRL have resulted in 0 replies... Maybe they need an "answering emails committee".

10. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

As a member or an "outsider"? Looking for a baseline here