ad: BKQSL-1

ARRL Petitions FCC to add RTTY 3500-3650 KHZ

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by K6JJR, Feb 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N0NB

N0NB Subscriber QRZ Page

I think you're trying to find something [ARRL being anti-CW] that is simply not there. Here in the USA one of the first things we learn is that CW--A1A--is permitted everywhere on every allocated amateur radio frequency except for the 60m channels where it must be conducted in a very precise manner (as noted on the above linked band plan page). As an extension of that knowledge all of the other modes are layered on top of A1A. I'll agree that on the band plan page things could be presented a bit better for the other bands as with 160m where CW is noted from 1800 to 2000 kHz, but doing so may have been considered redundant and excessive for an already large Web page.

Again, this is off-topic and doesn't change the fact that CW operators should support the 80m correction as it provides much needed relief for all 80m modes.

2. N1EN

N1EN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The ARRL band plans (the text list, not the color chart) make a lot more sense if you look at them with the background that they are suggestions on where specified activities can be found on the band.

They also make a lot more sense if you look at them with the background knowledge of how they are somewhat driven to be reflections of current practice, rather than prescriptions for future practices. Heck, for 2m and up, the ARRL band plans are mostly irrelevant, being superseded by the coordination practices of the various state/regional repeater coordination groups.

Don't read too much into the ARRL band plans. Trying to draw meaning from what is or isn't in them might be giving them a bit too much credit.

3. VK5EEE

VK5EEE Ham Member QRZ Page

OK, so not to derail this specific topic, I'll start a new thread on the subject, because there are concerns and it would be good to get to the bottom of it, thanks for the replies.