ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KG4KWW, Jan 15, 2009.

?

Will you be participating??

1. Yes I Will

25 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. No I Will Not Don't Own VHF SSB Gear

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. No I Will Not, I'm HF Only

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. N7RJD

N7RJD Ham Member QRZ Page

As long as you're not circling....

2. WA9SVD

WA9SVD Ham Member QRZ Page

It's 85°F in Long Beach, CA this afternoon. Is this the January VHF Sweepstakes or the JUNE Sweepstakes?:rolleyes:

3. K9STH

K9STH Ham Member QRZ Page

It was in the low 70s in the Dallas, Texas, area yesterday. I haven't been operating that much and, during the times I was operating, 6-meters hasn't "opened up". The 70 cm band (432 MHz) hasn't been that good although a couple of locals (i.e. W5LUA) are working more than I am. However, Al has a really good antenna system as well as a fairly good location.

Glen, K9STH

4. KN2RC

KN2RC Ham Member QRZ Page

if i didn't have the electric heater on in the basement shack, the en36's we had booming into fn30 about an hour ago would've made me wonder if indeed it was june! alas, the 23 degrees & snow falling outside dashed those hopes....still, MN to NY on 6 in january is why we're there-the magic band, you just never know!

5. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned QRZ Page

It's mid 30's and overcast here, haven't heard the usual stations from the NE on 144mhz and 432 mhz, 6m has been dead.

Maybe this event should be moved so as not to be on the same weekend as the NAQP.

6. KY5U

KY5U Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

In the future, please include a "this is a goofy post, don't do any more" as one of your poll options.

7. KJ4PSU

KJ4PSU Ham Member QRZ Page

Will anyone be doing any FM on 2 and 70 cm during the contest? In and around goergia?

8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I'll be on 10 bands from several grids this weekend.

WB2WIK/R should be active in DM04-DM05-DM06-CM94-CM95-CM96 (all in southern CA) on 50-144-222-432-902-1.2G-2.3G-3.4G-5.7G-10.3G with power and rotary antennas on all bands from the van.

I'm part of a large rover group here (Southern CA Contest Club), about a dozen of us should be "roving around" on 10 bands working anybody we can from about 20 different grids overall.

Just did my 10-band "checkout" with Marty N6VI and it all worked after all the horrible rain we've had, so we're good to go.

Have fun in the SS!

WB2WIK/6

9. N5PVL

N5PVL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not big on contesting but it's a moot point, my horizontally polarized VHF beam is wind damaged, and has to be taken down for repairs.

I'm pretty busy right now, and the VHF beam is not at, or even near the top of my priority list.

10. N3AWS

N3AWS Ham Member QRZ Page

No, I won't for a different reason...

If I were in CONUS I would participate, probably QRP Portable from MS or NFL. However, I'm forward deployed to a remote assignment in the Republic of Korea.

Are there any internet receivers available where I can at least listen to the action? Couldn't find any on a Google search...

:(

Jim N3AWS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.