ad: w5yi

ARRL January VHF Sweepstakes

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KG4KWW, Jan 15, 2009.

?

Will you be participating??

1. Yes I Will

25 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. No I Will Not Don't Own VHF SSB Gear

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. No I Will Not, I'm HF Only

7 vote(s)
    16.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. K9KJM

K9KJM Ham Member QRZ Page

So where is the link to the rules, Dates, Times, Etc????????

OR you could have actually given the dates and times to be on whatever bands.

OR is this really just another troll post/poll.

2. N7RJD

N7RJD Ham Member QRZ Page

Last time he did that he was trying to get everybody to operate the SSB portion of the NAQP during the weekend scheduled for the CW portion.

Troll post/poll? Greg? Never!

3. N7RJD

Because nobody has a card made with a stock photo they found somewhere. The only antennas and/or towers pictured on QSL cards worldwide are pictures of that person's own. Yep, no chance of anyone ever using pictures other than their own equipment on a QSL card. I guess that means I own the lake and mountains that were on one of my old ones. I better find out where they are and make sure nobody is littering.

BTW, "Get your foot out" would be just another day in the life of your posting. To say "Get your stinking foot out" tends to become a bit more of an attack. Might want to be more careful in the future to avoid going too far without realizing it.

4. KN4MC

KN4MC Ham Member QRZ Page

I will try and get on the radio a little Saturday....I need to cut some firewood Saturday and will be working all day on Sunday.
    However I will be handing out EM67 on 6 & 2 meters as well as 70 cm all SSB on Saturday morning I hope.

Have fun
    KI4MHA
    Mike
    :eek:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  5. K3UD

K3UD Guest

Hi Mike,

I will be on using 6 and 2 meters and possibly 70cm. I am in EM66 so we should hear each other :)

George
    K3UD

6. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned QRZ Page

I plan to get on this weekend as time permits.

Since K9KJM is whining about the contest info, Here's some.

Object: To work as many amateur stations in as many different 2 degrees x 1 degree grid squares as possible using authorized frequencies above 50 MHz. Foreign stations work W/VE amateurs only.
    Date and Contest Period: The date will be announced annually by the ARRL but will generally be the third or fourth weekend in January. Begins 1900 UTC Saturday, ends 0359 UTC Monday (January 17-19, 2009).

You want more go here: http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2009/jan-vhf-ss.html

These comments make this person look like a F**l

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  7. WS2L

WS2L Guest

This weekend I will be operating

6 Meters
    2 meters
    432 Mhz

I will be pretty much be parked on 144.210 (2 meters) and can QSY rapidly to 432.105 and/or 50.100

8. N7RJD

So these comments make me look like a fool (or in your spelling F**l) where as you advertising the wrong contest makes you look like a genius? It's going to take a lot of medication and therapy to figure that one out. Oh well, as long as the couch is comfortable I guess.

You know Greg, I am having fun with you but you are taking it way too seriously. Relax and take my comments in the fun in which they are meant.

The above only illustrates that everybody can make a simple mistake or hit the wrong date. In this case you went with what you heard somebody calling on the radio. If it were actually entirely your doing then it could be considered an insult but because it was due to what you heard someone else say on air I thought it had humor value and was hoping you would laugh along.

9. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

You missed one category:

O No I Will Not - I Don't Do Contests But I Do Own VHF SSB Gear

10. KG4KWW

KG4KWW Banned QRZ Page

KG4RUL, you can't get them all om, thanks. ;)

I shall make contacts as time permits as their is a lady from church who is now in hospice and the wife has created a honey do list for the weekend.

Hope to hear some of you on the bands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.