ad: elecraft

ARRL gives eastern PA Section Manager the boot

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC4YLV, Jun 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: Left-2
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
  1. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say.

OK. Fair enough, If and when this all appears in "QNI" I will be glad to read a copy. If and when,

And incidentally, as the one-time STM for the WPA section, I know all too well what the politics of NTS (in general) are like. Suffice to say that there are reasons why I have told various ARRL associated persons over the years that I have no interest in holding that or a similar position in the Field Organization ever again.

So... I'm working on the newsletter with hopes of pushing it out by next Friday. You or someone else gets me something by then, it goes in, your side gets heard. If not, well, I can't help it if you pass up an opportunity.

2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In the end this is an unfortunate affair.

It really matters not who is wrong or right or even IF they are wrong or right. The Board will run ARRL as they see fit, which is their task, and any appointee who cannot get along with the boards direction and decisions will be replaced with someone who can get along and follow directions.

3. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm assuming you are posting to me. If not ignore the comments.

I don't have a side. If there are improprieties, like every other ham I'd like to see evidence and be able to judge for myself.

N5PZJ likes this.
  4. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

No, sorry for the confusion,

This was part of my offer to WB8SIW and his response basically declining it.

For reasons unknown, when I used the iPad to reply, his quote disappeared. Probably something I did wrong.

5. WB8SIW

WB8SIW Ham Member QRZ Page

I may just do that. Not a bad suggestion.

I suppose I am hesitant to do so because I just get tired of the constant "trolling" on QRZ. I'm all for dissent and rational debate, but the level of vituperation on this forum seems to be on a par with the worst that political blogs have to offer. Debate and honest differences are lost in a haze of ad hominem attacks, hasty generalization, hidden agenda and assumption. Perhaps its the nature of the Internet, but hams seem to hate each other more than Democrats and Republicans. No wonder the hobby is dying. Hams themselves are killing any fraternal spirit that once existed in the hobby, and a lot of that poison originates right here with a few trolls on QRZ.com.

73, JW

6. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I do think the ARRL handled the announcement in the worst manner. They should have not mentioned any details of the dispute. It should have been mentioned as "differences over policy" or something vague.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    KC9UDX likes this.
  7. WA7DU

WA7DU Ham Member QRZ Page

I find myself strongly agreeing with the intelligent post somewhere above, but also finding myself thinking that it doesn't really matter--we are doomed anyway.

8. KS9Q

KS9Q Ham Member QRZ Page

The internet is, unfortunately, a toxic waste dump of stupidity and inanity that coexists with rational and reasonable discourse. Wading through one to find the other becomes very tiring. I think the insulation of true human interaction (face to face discussion, body language, vocal inflections) takes the filters off. Maybe like Captain America's wonder serum, it makes the good great and the bad intolerable. OTOH, discovering new words like "vituperation" makes the battle all worthwhile!

Jim K. - KS9Q

KC9UDX likes this.
  9. KI3U

KI3U Ham Member QRZ Page

WB8SIW wrote :

" For myself, I have carefully considered the behavior of the ARRL and the negative tone of so many here on "QRZ," and I have concluded that I no longer wish to be associated with ham radio. "

Well, for what it's worth: I think amateur radio is its own thing, and vastly more than just its ARRL and QRZ and eham etc. components. When I think of amateur radio the first and primary meaning is that I have a license from the FCC to pursue various interesting radio activities. If ARRL vanished tomorrow this first and primary meaning would not be affected at all. So I think - you could cut your association with the "ham radio" of today but remain in amateur radio.

Berj / KI3U

KP4SX likes this.
  10. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]