ad: dxeng

ARRL gives eastern PA Section Manager the boot

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC4YLV, Jun 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Although I am not an NTS fan, I understand his plight. I also understand the ARRL is well infested with Winlink supporters as shown that the last 3 regulatory actions put forth by them was for the purpose of benefiting that one group. In this instance I agree with w3wn in that after hearing both sides, the truth I suspect is somewhere in the middle.
    These screw-ups by the ARRL in regularity over the years are not the fault of the "hams who gather and hoard" them. If it is wrong to keep score regarding the heavy handed, back room, politically inept, and smug deportment of the ARRL then I am guilty as charged. To me it's always amazing how far up the League's wazoo some hams are.

Finally, I will point out that as an amateur, Hiram Percy Maxim said the ARRL was my organization and for all amateurs made not for the benefit of one person or group. This was the "prime directive" so to speak. Have we not the right to insist this is followed?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    WA7PRC and NK2U like this.
  2. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

So, you are saying the first major failure of the ARRL was when they supported the addition of "Fone" privileges? ;) And then again when it was extended to 40m and 80m and 160m. "All for the benefit of one special group!" How about when ASCII was approved? "Damn RTTY/computer operators".

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  3. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Obfuscation is the purvey of the lost argument poster. Oh wait a minute, here's my smiley. :p

K4DJM and WA7PRC like this.
  4. WA8FOZ

WA8FOZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Or ethical.

5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No obsfucation. Simply comparative actions in decades (or century) past showing your tirade is absurd.

Amateur radio is not a monolith. It has many divisions or niches, so any action of any kind can denounced as being for "A special interest".

6. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Please pay attention. We're not talking about AR, we're talking about the ARRL. We're talking about the good of the many versus the good of the few. BTW, nice touch the "tirade" thing. Make your debate adversary seem angry and unreasonable. ROFL! You're a funny bunny.

WA7PRC likes this.
  7. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

You write up an article with the aforementioned proof, I'll print it in my newsletter.

All I have right now is the ARRL's official statement, and the "so long and thanks for all the fish" blog post from W3JY after he was dismissed. Which isn't much of a "counter" story.

Both sides of the story need to be heard.

8. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Maybe they don't.

KA0HCP and KG7E like this.
  9. WB8SIW

WB8SIW Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, I have the proof, and it will be published in the July issue of "QNI - The NTS Newsletter" to be issued in the coming weeks.

Everyone involved in this project was careful to save every single e-mail, copies of all correspondence and other documentation. Many of those involved have been victims of similar political hatchet jobs in the past, so they were well prepared. The truth will come out, but it will take time to assemble all the documents, place them against a time-line, and put them in a format that can be published.

This is a political hatchet job, nothing more. However, in the end, the ARRL will win this. They have the "political machine" and the mechanism to control the narrative.

For myself, I have carefully considered the behavior of the ARRL and the negative tone of so many here on "QRZ," and I have concluded that I no longer wish to be associated with ham radio.

10. KD8TUT

KD8TUT Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Why not publish it here? Or someplace neutral so that accusations that it was ginned up to increase readership can be put to bed?

If you do leave the hobby- sorry to see you go.