ad: elecraft

ARRL gives eastern PA Section Manager the boot

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC4YLV, Jun 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't know about that "failure to change", not when you hear on a voice NTS net "to telnet any traffic" and there's a Winlink component too........at least they're moving into the early 90's :)

The real diehards formed Radio Relay International to get away from the other disaster.

2. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

I thought Radio Relay international was formed because somebody got stepped on over a bad case of Bigus Dickus......

WU8Y and K3KIC like this.
  3. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw an interview of the two guys heading it up. It did seem like they didn't like taking orders and wanted to run their own show.

Since I'm in eastern PA and somewhat interested I'll ask what may be an obvious question, since the interim appointment ended March 2018 was there an election to fill the post? If so when? I presume late last year?

WU8Y likes this.
  4. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Good one :) NTS hasn't been significant for a very long time and the current thinking by the emcomm faithful at HQ is digital is the only game in town ( has a lot to do with the demise of NTS )
    Oh, one other thing that may play into this is most of PA, from what I understand, doesn't use the ARRL anointed digital system for emcomm.