ARRL gives eastern PA Section Manager the boot

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KC4YLV, Jun 21, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

KD8DEY likes this.
  2. KK5JY

Push the button! Push the button!

upload_2018-5-22_11-50-15.png

;)

WZ7U likes this.
  3. N4UP

N4UP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah, now that brings back some memories of NTS. Checking in to the early South Carolina CW net every evening, then taking traffic to the Fourth Region Net ( 4RN ), then to the Eastern Area Net ( EAN ), then back to the 4RN, and finally to the late SC CW Net. Real "third-party" traffic.

Remember the Alaskan earthquake in 1964? That was a very busy time for us.

A year later I was Route Manager for South Carolina. Had to give that up when I left for college.

In 1965 the best phone line available where I lived was an eight-party line. And we could barely afford even that.

That said, today is there any value in NTS? Maybe. If the infrastructure fails, short-term or long-term, locally, regionally, or widespread, who else is going to step up with both the means and skills?

WZ7U and N2EY like this.
  4. KK5JY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_phone

5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

That new math just keeps confusing me..

6. K1FBI

K1FBI Ham Member QRZ Page

When I reported an Ambulance Service using the 6 meter amateur band for it's dispatch and nothing was done, I stopped giving my money.

I had the name of the company, dates and times and audio recordings.

Nothing was done by the one's who fight for us.

The worst part is I live in friggin' Connecticut. If they won't/can't control their own back yard, who needs them.

KK5JY likes this.
  7. KK5JY

...and won't even try...
    Well said. :)

K1FBI likes this.
  8. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

That would have been an interesting phone call. "He was sick during his vacation!"

9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

NTS is a product of it's own stubbornness and failure to change with the times. They could have accepted messages from the public by web form, or by email. They could get info from the field and send it to the public any way they could. But no, you have to have/find someone fill to out their message form which is "easy" according to them but not public friendly. If NTS won't adapt, then bub-bye!

10. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

woo! maybe i need some churchin' up! the drama! the drama!