ad: Radclub22-1

ARRL expands its roster of online discussion groups for members

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Jan 31, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Technically I guess what is going on fits a dictionary definition of "negotiation". But as a practical matter, amateurs have already lost. At this point, we're begging, not negotiating.

The default, the actual proposed rules, completely eliminate the 9 cm ham band. The only question is whether there will be a strong enough argument from amateur radio to allow some of it back. The NTIA report which will weigh very heavily in the decision doesn't even mention amateur radio.

2. W1RDT

W1RDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Online Discussion Forum? Last I checked it was the American RADIO Relay League, when did it become the American INTERNET Relay League? Is it not the goal of the league to encourage participation in the hobby, and increase the number of stations on the air? Deferring to the internet to hold discussions between licensed amateurs just weakens the argument that ham radio is a legitimate, viable form of communications. The best spectrum defense is a spectrum offense...let's take this to the airwaves and make some noise!!! Otherwise, we risk being run out by other services competing for our space, not to mention the home owners associations which hold no respect for us at all!!!

3. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The obvious error is self evident

4. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

the report has one offhand mention of Part 97 service but yes lists nothing in the allocations.

That may be enough for a lawsuit.

Yes I am tilting at windmills...

5. N9AMI

N9AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

I left the ARRL years ago when they stopped supporting AM and vintage ssb operating and conducting "radio sport". More building, troubleshooting and understanding electronics and less appliance operations and ham crams that do nothing but up the lisc numbers for the ARRL but dumb down the intelligence of amateur radio operators. Oh I am sure the devout will whine from these comments but fact is its true. I do wholly support new technologies like FT8 and remote operations but it still seems there is a sever lack of knowledge of operating skills. When I hear newer extra class hams not know what a windom or loop antenna is there is a much deeper problem than getting people licensed as fast as possible. What was once a fraternity is turning into more of a hobby of buy it and plug it in.

6. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

As they are on QRZ:(

7. AF7ZA

AF7ZA Ham Member QRZ Page

FYI ! QRZ indicates your call sign expires soon.

WN1MB likes this.