ARRL Centenial celebration W1AW "stations" part deux

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W5INC, Jun 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. W3WN

W3WN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

N2EY likes this.
  2. KX4Z

KX4Z Ham Member QRZ Page

You guys are a lot better CW operators than I am! That retirement in six months should give me more time to practice

3. W5INC

W5INC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What will be the over/under in hours after the start of this celebration, before there is a thread on the Zed here complaining about these festivities?

Kudos to the ARRL for coming up with this on air activity, which should generate some on air QSOs on the bands! :)

4. KK4GGL

KK4GGL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

How can a Centennial celebration happen again? The 100 year birthday only comes once.
    As for propagation and pileups, I was able to get WAS on 50 watts using a 30 ft wire stapled to the wall, 8 feet high and hugging the stucco margin.

5. W5INC

W5INC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Part duex is wrong. My French is bad, should be part deux. Which would be part 2, or second operating event using the same operating methods demonstrated during the Centennial Celebration W1AW portable station operations, that were so successful.

6. N1BCG

N1BCG Ham Member QRZ Page

I couldn’t agree more, of course. This Wednesday’s 98th anniversary will be the first of two steps of promotion toward the 100th in 2021:

http://www.arrl.org/news/w1aw-to-co...st-amateur-radio-signals-to-span-the-atlantic

The Transatlantc Tests were the birth of DXpeditions, DXing, and the beginning of exploration of ever shorter wavelengths so there’s a lot to commemorate.

E70A51B2-6644-4B5A-AF15-23D27702CAC1.jpeg