ad: Radclub22-1

ARRL By Law changes happening next month.

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by KD8QGA, Dec 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD8QGA

KD8QGA Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Moved here because of not enough content for a front page article.

3. W6IR

W6IR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sounds like Trump has taken over the ARRL. If these pass I won't wait for the BoD to revoke my membership, I'll leave voluntarily.

4. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

That provision was an interesting addition. They already had a rule allowing them to decline to accept a membership application/renewal of "any applicant whose character, reputation or conduct might make him an undesirable member," but the after-the-fact revocation rule is new to the proposal. Interestingly, it doesn't seem to indicate what constitutes proper "cause." Given that they are a private organization, they (theoretically) have the right to refuse to do business with just about anybody. Recent court cases may change that right to some degree in the near future.

5. NN4RH

NN4RH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

That document that is linked on CQ Magazine Newsroom is a draft leaked from one of the divisions, not the entire set of proposals, and not a final version. There's multiple draft proposals from various divisions. A few have leaked out by various means, either deliberately or otherwise.

These are proposals, not approved new rules. Various proposals that make it onto the January BOD agenda will be considered and voted upon then.

Not all of the proposals will make it to the actual BOD meeting Agenda, and not all of the ones that do make it to the agenda will be passed.

If you have any concerns, contact your Division Directors. They're not evil and insidious.

N0TZU likes this.
  6. W6IR

W6IR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I already have a major concern when a director is required to kow-tow to any decision passed by the board and not speak of it in any manner other than positive. I will always accept majority rule but I absolutely refuse to accept silencing the minority in any way. Some of the proposed rules are designed to silence the dissenters which I will never support. And I am a 40 year member of ARRL (and have the pin to show it).

7. KG7LEA

KG7LEA Ham Member QRZ Page

The article is not credibly sourced. When I first read it I assumed it was a prank.