ad: RichCrouch-1

ARRL Band Plan suggestions

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX4O, Feb 4, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: l-BCInc
  1. WA7WJR

WA7WJR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bill, I suspect that you may have missed the primary points in my post. My rebuttal to 2 statements made in this thread had nothing to do with self aggrandizement. I was merely outlining some of my personal experiences to refute what I perceived as a false premise suggesting an extra ticket somehow confers a level of accomplishment or 'most work' in the hobby, or bestows a false sense of superiority over others.

But, thank you for bolstering my point and reaffirming my perceptions.

VK4HAT likes this.
  2. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I certainly have never felt that way nor have I known anyone that does. If there's a false sense of superiority involved there's probably reasons other than ham radio license class.

K8PG likes this.
  3. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps you have forgotten the newbie experience, or just dont care to understand anything from anothers viewpoint. Its not like you havent said to me that the crap i have copped from those with superority complexes was all my fault. Its like my short skirt made those with self control rape me hey.

WZ7U likes this.
  4. K5ASK

K5ASK Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess you are correct
    Any idiot can get a general license

5. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My wish is to keep the status quo. Leave everything exactly the way it is.

de NK2U

NL7W likes this.
  6. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I passed the Extra in June of 1985. You had to work out the math problems, there was no memorizing the questions and answers.

I accept the way they do things now, although I disagree with it. I don't feel superior nor inferior. However, I will not stand by as the ARRL rides roughshod over our frequencies.

de NK2U

K8PG and NL7W like this.
  7. N4QX

N4QX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

My remarks above are complete as they stand.

8. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the proposed band plans speak for themselves. No one needs to explain anything to anyone. 3.600 to 3.650 is proposed to go to Techs for digital. The part of the band is for EXTRA PHONE; awarded by the FCC for work done. So, if you take that away, it's called theft pure and simple.

Being that it is SO easy to upgrade, why can't Techs avail themselves and do just that? I've asked the question millions of times and have not gotten an answer. So, if you want me to take you seriously, then answer that question.

de NK2U

9. NK2U

NK2U Ham Member QRZ Page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...we're still waiting!

de NK2U

10. G8ADD

G8ADD Ham Member QRZ Page

Surely the only people who can answer that rhetorical question are those who have not upgraded. Who knows, the answers might surprise you! Do you regard failure to upgrade being due to failure of character or a failure of the system?

According to a reply to a letter in this month's Radcom, in the UK about 50% of Foundation License holders progress to Intermediate, and 70% of Intermediates progress to the Full license. How does this compare with upgrading in the USA, and are the differences due to the low power but full access policies in the UK?