ARRL Band Plan suggestions

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KX4O, Feb 4, 2020.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. KX4O

KX4O Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K0IDT

K0IDT Ham Member QRZ Page

We doubled John, check your PM's :)

KR4YON and KX4O like this.
  3. KY1K

KY1K Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm seeing very little new "Digital" areas. Just taking half of the Extra phone area on 80 meters. (Like that will go over well!)
    I am seeing a very large area being given to Tech and Novice.
    I'm not against them getting some HF for the same reason I don't think they should.
    A: Any Idiot can test for General and on be HF without learning anything.
    B: Any Idiot can test for General and be on HF if it interests them.

WQ4G, K4AGO, K0UO and 3 others like this.
  4. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

can't say that I agree with it since it adds voice privileges to Techs on 40m. This is already the most crowded band.... and adding a new group of users there will not help at all. If they want to talk on 40m, they need to upgrade their tickets.

NK2U, WQ4G, KK4CUL and 7 others like this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly. This looks like an end run around all the failed "more HF phone freqs for Techs" ideas. Any plan that includes that I will not be in favor of.
    Upgrade.

WE4B, NK2U, K4AGO and 7 others like this.
  6. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

A band plan by the ARRL is merely a gentlemen's agreement to keep things running smoothly (or as smoothly as they can). It's not like the FCC <CHOKE> assigning more spectrum to the Technicians. ;)

As far as an actual FCC motion to give the Techs more privileges. I'm not sure. If it would impel more of them to actually get on the air, I'd be for it. At least to the tune of some digital space.

7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

What doesn't have a snowballs chance of happening....

carnac the magnificent.jpg

"The assignments detailed in this document are based on the assumption that all 3 petitions by ARRL are enacted"

ba dum tissh.png

WA7PRC, KP4SX, W4NNF and 1 other person like this.
  8. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Just more smoke and mirrors designed to get the arrl's Tech privilege upgrades enacted,........................................

"The assignments detailed in this document are based on the assumption that all 3 petitions by ARRL are enacted:
    · RM-11708 Symbol Rate Proceeding
    · RM-11759 Petition to realign the 80/75 meter allocations
    · RM-11828 Petition for Technician class enhancement."

Really, just how difficult is it to pass the General element?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    NK2U, WQ4G, N1RBD and 5 others like this.
  9. W9RAC

W9RAC Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Exactly, what they just do not get is that many do not want to be on HF, their desires are different. Leave them alone and proceed to work on more meaningful projects instead of trying to mold them into what they think one should be. This is one of many reasons I am no longer am a member. 73 Rich

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    NK2U, K4AGO, K0UO and 1 other person like this.
  10. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

See, this is why so many are losing faith with the ARRL. All that I can see here is WINLINK frequency grabbing and a gratuitous giving away of voice frequencies to technicians.

It is really at the point where we should all just give up and go for a one size fits all license for ham radio. Why bother with all these progressively smaller and smaller sub bands? Just give up already and reallocate every band to all licensed hams.

Or... keep it the way it is and make technicians upgrade to general if they really want HF operating privileges. It just is not all that hard, and anyone who really wanted HF is there already.

NK2U, K4AGO, K0UO and 8 others like this.