ad: elecraft

ARLB011 Amateur Radio Parity Act Language Inserted in National Defense Authorization Act

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N9PBD, May 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K5LN

K5LN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

"With the HOA approval"! Does the Government require the HOA approval? This statement just dosen't make sense to me and I'll never understand why people want to run other peoples lives when they can't run their own?

Good Luck,
    Bill, K5LN

WQ4G likes this.
  2. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps, because I live in the HOA too, and I don't want your ugly tower in sight.

We BOTH signed the same contract

3. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to hear your answer to this problem.

4. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

You an always say "but you signed the contract" but in real life there are always laws that are over and above private contracts.

5. K6CKT

K6CKT Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't understand why any ham would even consider living in a development that has an HOA. That was a primary consideration when my wife & I were looking for a house to buy to live in.

6. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

If you think there is a problem, go to your state legislature, and have them "fix" the issue in your state. After all, that's where private property contract law is enabled in the first place. My state is fine, and I'd appreciate everybody leaving us alone, thanks.

Make sure you are ready to show your legislators why you think there is a problem in the first place. Nobody at the federal level (including the League) has attempted to do that, yet.

7. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah, the ARRL never told anyone there's a problem with hams installing antenna's in antenna restricted HOA's.

Guess that information just got overlooked for some reason.

8. KK5JY

In fact, the League hasn't produced any information on the problem at all. They have made claims that there is an issue, but there are no numbers, no surveys, no studies or other sources of data to back up the assertion that CC&R is causing the problem they claim.

So yes, the information did get overlooked. :)

9. KC8VWM

Oh was there a requirement to conduct surveys, studies and to collect other data?

Seems no one mailed any forms to fill out or provided the ARRL with any written notification of that requirement.

Perhaps this means the ARRL isn't the problem after all.

10. KK5JY

If you don't do things like that, there is no way to demonstrate that there is a problem to solve in the first place.
    Thinking people tend to understand that justification is needed before making public policy changes.

11. KC8VWM

So have you conducted any surveys, studies and collected other data to back up that statement?

12. KK5JY

I'm afraid that if I do, I'll find that there aren't enough thinking people left to form a statistically significant sample. ;)

KD9KSO and KC8VWM like this.
  13. K1VSK

K1VSK Ham Member QRZ Page

How unrealistic can we be to expect them to actually determine what the scope of the problem is prior to deciding the fix. This has always been a solution to a perceived problem.

KK5JY likes this.
  14. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

The PROBLEM is that those antennas were illegally installed.

15. N5PZJ

N5PZJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here what was written into NDAA on page 190:

Before anyone comments, read 97:15!

Surprise!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.