ad: Mountaingoat-1

Area Ham turns 90....Happy Bday W9LVU

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB9UMT, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB9UMT

KB9UMT Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello fellow Hams:

I am writting folks in hopes that maybe something can be done to honor one of our Peoria Area 'old timer' Hams......Eddie Or W9LVU turns 90 years old May 17th and I not only think that is a great event for someone being around that long but I think Eddie Or is just one great person/Ham. He is still active from time to time on 2 meters and for sure on HF when time allows him to have radio time...he is still very active and between his swim time and Cub baseball games he still tries to fit in Ham Radio. I just was wondering if there is anything we can do to maybe honor someone that has been around Ham Radio since the 1930's and maybe one of the oldest Hams in our area.....anything? If you can't think of anything Eddie's wife Erma has requested that folks send him a 90th birthday card and she was going to get as many people as she could do this (about 90 would be nice [​IMG]....how about maybe some local hams sending him a birthday card or any Hams from anywhere sending him a QSL card wishing him a happy 90th birthday...I think it would make an old Hams day!! I sure feel strongly about Ham Radio and my friend Eddie Or W9LVU...Happy Birthday to Eddie W9LVU....thanks!

de kb9umt Don

****** below from http://www.qrz.com ******************

Callsign: W9LVU Class: General Codes: HAI USA
    Name: EDWARD R ORR
    Addr1: 2701 S TIARA STRIP
    Addr2: PEORIA, IL 61607
    Grid: EN50dp
    Birthday: 17 May 1914

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.