Are You Considering Leaving Amateur Radio?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by KY5U, Apr 4, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

used to indicate that a statement summarizes the most important aspects, or gives a roughly accurate account, of a more complex situation

2. WD4IGX

WD4IGX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[never mind]

PU2OZT and K1OIK like this.
  3. WD4IGX

And I thought I was a pedantic quibbler.

That's just CQ on 2M. Relax.

N1YR, K1OIK and W7UUU like this.
  4. VK4HAT

VK4HAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Discretion is the better part of valor.

5. WD4IGX

I'm sure.

Hell, however, has 24x7 perfect reliability, 100Gbps fiber and wireless to every single soul.

PU2OZT likes this.
  6. WD4IGX

I specifically read it and it doesn't say that.

It would allow WB data and ACDS in those segments, but does not disallow other modes. Why is everyone acting like it does? What am I missing here?

I understand, somewhat, the objections to Tech phone and I think it's mistaken too, in that I'd give them data on HF. That's what will get people interested in HF these days, not SSB.

7. W5TTW

W5TTW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Millennials use words like "basically" to stall for time while they try to remember the politically correct talking points given to them by their Gender Studies professors. Here's an example of millennial-babble stall words in action. How many do you recognize? "So yeah like actually it's kinda basically like racist so like OK Boomer you're just like ignorant soooo......" (Add up-talk inflections and vocal fry as desired.)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    WC5P, K4KLB and KP4SX like this.
  8. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

When someone tells me "OK BOOMER" I reply with "OK Momma's BASEMENT BABY or OK BASEMENT BOY".See below and check out NJ...

Screenshot from 2020-07-31 05-22-35.png

W3SY likes this.
  9. K1OIK

K1OIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

nevermind

VK4HAT and PU2OZT like this.
  10. WQ2H

WQ2H QRZ Lifetime Member #214 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Bingo. I was interviewing one of these guys once. He really knew it all.....about everything.

His cell phone ring during the interview, and he asked me to "hang on a minute - It's a political action group and I really need to take this".

"No worries' I told him, I got up, left the room, and told HR the interview was over.

It's gotta be tough being perpetually at the center of the universe. ;)

BTW, this thread is going on 5 freakin years ! Wasn't considering it then, not considering it now. :):)

W3SY and K4KLB like this.