ad: ProAudio-1

Are you a nerd and proud of it??

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KE5FRF, Jul 2, 2010.

?

Are you a nerd and proud of it?

1. Yes, of course. I'm a ham aren't I?

57 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. No, I drive a ferrari and used to date Angelina Jolie. My ham license is for my yacht e-mail.

5 vote(s)
    7.6%
  3. Duuuuh. I like butterflies.

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-gcopper
  1. KE5FRF

KE5FRF Ham Member QRZ Page

I really love this site. You can read anything ranging from word-play jokes in the ragchew forum to PhD dissertation debates about the velocity factor of spaghetti noodles in the tech forums and everything in between. I am not afraid to admit that I hang on to every word in these technical debates like a housewife and her Soap Operas. I usually learn more than I'm able to offer, and I always wind up with a sense that my brain cells got a workout.

Some people would call that nerdy. OK, so sue me...I'm a nerd.

So how about it, are you a nerd and proud of it?

2. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

When I am not cooking, cleaning, walking to GOD knows where, or playing with my roommate's dogs I am a nerdette...

3. KE5SWU

KE5SWU Ham Member QRZ Page

I prefer geek over nerd.

4. KE5FRF

Alright, well if you really have a preference between nerd or geek....I guess that answers the question! :D:eek:

But we'll amend to say "Geek/Nerd"

5. AF6LJ

I do also however I was just staying with the theme. :)

Make that Geekette :)

6. KE5FRF

So what is the difference, out of curiosity? Are geek pocket protectors more stylish than nerd ones (or geekette/nerdette if you will) ?

No lie, I haven't used it in ages, but I have a pocket protector that I used to carry at work to hold my pens, insulated trim-pot tool, a small ruler, a voltage tester (light pen type), and a regular pocket screwdriver. Ah, it also housed my technician's quick-reference notepad (ohm's law, reactance formulas etc)

But I digress, I'm much too cool for that now. ;)

7. NS8N

NS8N Ham Member QRZ Page

My XYL is happy with her geek! I can't keep her car running very well, but I can defrag her hard drive!! I even got her using Linux. Try that one! Come to think of it, the Linux EXT 4 doesn't need defraggin, but you get my point.

8. AF6LJ

It's a matter of fashion I believe.
    :)

9. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't forget the belt holster for your H-P calculator or slide rule.

10. KT7DAD

KT7DAD Ham Member QRZ Page

Actually, I think I am being discriminated against...

The poll do not include stupid bus drivers that feel cool hanging out with smart people,,,,

So I think I will have http://www.aclu.org/ sue for me and demand rectumification......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.