Are You A Beekeeper?

Discussion in 'Survey Center' started by KN4LGM, Aug 5, 2020.

Tags:
?

Do you keep bees? If so how many hives?

1. No I do not keep bees.

2. I have 1 hives.

3. I have 2 hives.

4. I have 3-5 hives.

5. I have 5-10 hives.

6. I have 10-15 hives.

7. I have 15-20 hives.

8. I have 20-30 hives.

9. I have 30-50 hives.

10. I have 50+ hives.

Results are only viewable after voting.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a hive in the wall of my garage. I just leave them bee.

KA2CZU likes this.
  2. PU2OZT

PU2OZT Ham Member QRZ Page

K1LKP likes this.
  3. W9YAP

W9YAP Ham Member QRZ Page

I just extracted a hair over 500# of honey this season. My work (life) schedule only permits me to manage two small yards. Between them, I have 7-10 production (10 frame) colonies and 7-10 nuc/resource colonies. Aside from frames, I build all my own wooden ware. I have a good, reliable source for queens, but next year I am going to start tinkering with grafting.
    It is an addictive, labor of love.

W1TRY likes this.
  4. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I don't keep bees myself, but my sister does. Her bee hives are next to a Clover-filled horse pasture.... and they produce the best honey I've ever tasted.

They are quite fascinating to watch. I've often though about filming them with a long lens.

KN4LGM likes this.
  5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone use film now a days ?

6. KD2TTM

KD2TTM Ham Member QRZ Page

I sent a couple of my old Nikon 35mm film bodies (F2S, F3HP) to the camera repairman for servicing this summer and bought some C-41 chemical kits for developing color negatives. Still, I've only grabbed my digital bodies (D200, D750) when I wanted to get some photos. I need to remember to shoot some film!

I have an F2S, an F3HP and two F4s, amoung other film cameras. Love 'em and can't bear to part with them!

KK4NSF and KA9JLM like this.
  7. W9YAP

W9YAP Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out Fredrick Dunn on You Tube. He does some fascinating, beautiful, and relaxing videos of honey bee activity and their behaviors. You can actually film them up close to their hives during nectar flows and they shouldn't mind you being so close.
    Just don't be directly in front of the entrances.

PU2OZT and KK4NSF like this.
  8. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I use a LOT of film still. I process black and white 4x5, 120, and 35mm.... but I send color over to Pensacola.

The bulk of my film pics are taken with a Mamiya C-220 and / or a Koni Omega Rapid. The lenses are VERY sharp, and they are just plain fun to use! BUT for video and digital stills, the NIKON D610 is hard to beat.

KD2TTM likes this.
  9. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

I grow hundreds of flowing shrubs in my yard. Lots of native bees in my yard.

10. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm not a bizzy beekeeper, but KL7XO and KL7FG keep beeze. (They're famous hams in these parts).