Are we channelized???

Discussion in 'Straight Keys - CW Enthusiasts' started by K5TSK, Apr 4, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not the obsessive type. If somebody sits on .00 or .03 or 3.14592 it doesn't bother me, as long as all the paper and pencils on the desk and pictures on the wall and QSL cards and equipment are lined up at perfect 90 degree angles it's OK all is well with the world. :p

NE1U, KM6KJI and WR2E like this.
  2. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

Watch very little network TV even less after the NFL went off the rails. One show that turned up on Netflix a couple of years back was Monk. I enjoyed watching some of the episodes. OCD?

K1LKP likes this.
  3. KE6EE

KE6EE Ham Member QRZ Page

The price numbers .95 and .99 ARE even numbers. They are the substitute notation for the perfectly
    even next higher number ending in .00.

4. WG7X

WG7X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Having spent some time in the trenches of retail sales, I can tell you that the numbers to the right of the decimal point are quite often coded to indicate various things to the store personnel.

I have no idea why, here in The USA gas prices are 99/100 on the pump.

5. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

cause $1.99 sounds cheaper than $2.00.
    First one is only a dollar and some change, second is two bucks.
    Our brains have some weird logic built it.

WD4IGX likes this.
  6. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting.

Here, some retail chains try to use this form of pricing,which the consumers do not like.
    It is considered bad taste trying to sell something for 399.95 instead of 400.00

Unit prices here usually end in 0.00 or 0.50, and the final sums are rounded up or down to the closest 0.00 or whole SEK.

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

7. W1TRY

W1TRY XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't have OCD, I have CDO (the letters are in the right order.) I just got gas today, the pump stopped at $41.43, so OF COURSE I went to $41.50!
    upload_2019-4-4_16-40-23.jpeg

NE1U, KP4SX, AC8UN and 1 other person like this.
  8. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

The 9/10 of a cent on fuel pumps was yesterday's version of our current "$X99.95"
    Mike N3PM

9. K5TSK

K5TSK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Can't remember why I posted here, but I can say I get far more answers to CQs when my power is set to 90 rather than 95 and I have never had an answer when it was on 99.

10. VE7PJR

VE7PJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked a chap recently and had a great and wide-ranging conversation just letting the keys out for some fresh air to run around. Although we were not on 30 metres at the time, he confided that his personal favourite frequency is 10.12345 "just because."

So yeah. Human nature. Sometimes we're a weird species.

Chuck VE7PJR