Are There Many?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by M6XSZ, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KC9WXT

KC9WXT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm 25 and my daughter got hers at 5 1/2 (she's six now).

2. W4TGV

W4TGV Ham Member QRZ Page

I am 13 and I got my tech in August 2013.
    There are 5 other hams under the age of 20 in my area (Bristol VA) that I have talked to on 2m FM.
    I am actually in the process of trying to get a "youth" 2m net going on a local repeater.
    I have also been asking my self lately "How many other young hams are there in this area? Are there a lot that just aren't active?"

Max

3. KC9WXT

KC9WXT Ham Member QRZ Page

If you're wanting to get more people your age and younger into amateur radio, you're the best advertisement there is. In my experience, nothing gets a person more excited to try something than "hey! He's my age! I can do that!" Also, see if the local Boy/Cub Scouts troops do any ham radio activities... that really riles them up!

4. W8AWT

W8AWT Ham Member QRZ Page

I am 16 and LOVE Ham Radio!!!!:D

5. ZL3IH

ZL3IH Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice to see another NZ'er on here :)

6. KK4YNJ

KK4YNJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm 15.I remember a few people my age at my license test session. I guess you could say yes.

7. NM7L

NM7L Ham Member QRZ Page

I used to be ... back when the dinosaurs (along with the W's, K's, WA's, WB's, WD's, and a few N's & AA's) roamed the Earth & conversed via "Morris Code"!

Now I'm just old and decrepit.

8. N4ADK

N4ADK Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Noah. Adam here from your area. 15 also.

9. W9JR

W9JR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a "teenager" ... but, every time I look into the mirror, some old guy keeps jumping in front of me. Do I qualify?

10. W9JR

W9JR Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm the PR officer of our radio club and have a question. What would you suggest we do to attract the young people of our community. I'm in Richland Center, WI. Our website is: www.w9pvr.com. We had a couple of youngsters in the Club ... but, how do you convince them to give up their electronic stuff and become interested in ham radio? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.