ad: k1jek

Are There Many?

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by M6XSZ, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. KB1LHE

KB1LHE Ham Member QRZ Page

While living in NM, U.S., I befriended a 12 year old boy who lived 100 miles away on 2m. He was so excited to make new friends on the radio but, for the most part, most hams in the state didn't seem to want to bother with him and that was a shame. Whenever I hear a young HAM I always try a contact with them just to make them more welcome to the hobby.

If by any slim chance you read this Chance, miss you a lot since moving back to MA. 73, Bill

2. KF7PCL

KF7PCL Ham Member QRZ Page

There is one ham KG7ESK who checks into the WARTS net which is a statewide traffic net. He is 12 years old

3. KD8SWT

KD8SWT Ham Member QRZ Page

13 Year old right here...Even have my general license!

4. N4OAH

N4OAH Ham Member QRZ Page

yep, there are. Several of the main users on our repeater are under 16, one under 12.

5. W9RDC

W9RDC Ham Member QRZ Page

When I got my technician ticket a month ago, there was a 10-year-old across the table from me getting his general.

I wanted to ask him for tips on taking my general. :eek:

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

My Baby boy got his Tech when he was 10. Now I have to work on HIS BABY BOY who is almost 5!

7. WA4BRL

WA4BRL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm a young ham . . . at 59! I earned my Novice license at age 16 in 1971. So yeah, I'm officially well into curmudgeonhood, but I'm still young at heart!

8. KD0PEZ

KD0PEZ Ham Member QRZ Page

What do you consider to be a "young user"?

I am 35 myself. Of course I also still have all my hair, fairly muscular, etc......in person you'd never know I was a ham unless if I told you.

9. AD0JA

AD0JA Ham Member QRZ Page

I am young ham, under 16 years of age! I have my General class license and I am studying for my Extra class. I also am very active on HF, especially 40m SSB and 20m JT65. I like talking to everyone on the radio, no matter what age.

10. KD0LOS

KD0LOS Ham Member QRZ Page

I am 17, I got my license when I was 13! I haven't bothered to get General yet- Need to get to it- so I am active only on vhf and uhf unless I'm participating with my radio club in a contest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.