Are there any hams in North Dakota?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KI7AAR, Dec 10, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: l-gcopper
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. AL4Y

AL4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

I've managed to make one contact with ND. It was with Joey at the University of North Dakota club station, K0UND on 20m SSB. I'm still hunting for a contact with that other Dakota to complete WAS.

2. KK4UGY

KK4UGY Ham Member QRZ Page

no... :)

3. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My hard ones always seem to be Delaware and Rhode Island.

4. K6CPO

K6CPO Ham Member QRZ Page

Don't they all migrate to Arizona for the winter?

5. KJ3N

KJ3N Ham Member QRZ Page

That's partly because you live in CA. Who wants to work a 6-lander for the 10 thousandth time? :p ;)

AL4Y likes this.
  6. KI7AAR

KI7AAR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I did finally get ND and VT for my WAS. I'm thankful to a couple of generous amateurs that worked with me to get a QSL. The new goal is five band WAS and there is still a way to go for this one.

KJ3N, I know what you are saying. Nothing against CA operators (I lived there myself for many years due to my career) but, it seems like CA and AZ are hard wired to WA. On JT modes I can get -1 dB reports in CA and AZ with 5 watts and my antenna laying on the ground. That works both ways and the CA stations burn my ears frequently. Trying to get something more directional to give them and me a break.

Trying to get Oregon and Montana on 20 meters to close that band out for the five band WAS. Put up a temporary NVIS antenna yesterday and QSO'd with a local operator in ID and another fellow in Texas. For the most part it seems like the skip zone got even bigger the low mounted dipole.

KJ4VTH likes this.
  7. AC4RD

AC4RD Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been off the air the last year, but KD4POJ and KC0W both were regulars on the air when I was last active--both of them are great ops. POJ is always booming at my place in the RTTY contests, and C0W is frequently on the CW bands. "Watch and wait"--ND isn't hard, just needs a bit of patience! 73 gl!

8. KT7J

KT7J Ham Member QRZ Page

No. There are no hams in ND

9. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

KC0W is long gone from No.Dak. Now dx-peditioning around the world.

10. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ain't that the truth! LMAO