Are there any hams in North Dakota?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KI7AAR, Dec 10, 2016.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. KI7AAR

KI7AAR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Actually, are there an hams in ND operating digital modes like JT or PSK oh HF? I'm a few states from WAS and over the past few weeks I've only seen one station in Fargo running JT on two ocassions. I think if someone from MN or SD were to grab some mobile gear and activate Nor Dakoda they would stay very busy.

Anyone up for a DXpedition to North Dakota?

2. KI7AAR

No takers for the DXpedition to activate ND? Sure it can get a little cold (cough). Just think of it as a polar DXpedition but, closer to home.

K5ELF likes this.
  3. W7UUU

W7UUU QRZ Lifetime Member #133 Life Member Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Quite a few of them....

Here's what I have in my log for JT modes from North Dakota - I don't spend much time these days on JT but maybe you can message these guys to get what you need.

Dave
    W7UUU

upload_2016-12-10_17-0-55.png

4. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

ND was one of the first states confirmed in LoTW. Just got lucky I guess.

5. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

Here are my North Dakota stations in the log:

[​IMG]

You will see a very common theme here for me... most of the contacts are RTTY and all of those are in early January. This equates to the fact that they were worked during the ARRL RTTY Roundup which is held on the first full weekend in January (but not Jan 1). The next Roundup will be the weekend of January 7/8.

It has to be one of the easiest RTTY contests out there since the exchange is simply a signal report (which will ALWAYS be 599!) and your state.... that's it!

Here are the rules: http://www.arrl.org/rtty-roundup

Good luck! Another great thing about RTTY contests is that for the most part, they are very good about confirming contacts via LoTW.

6. KI7AAR

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Looks like you are averaging about three contacts per year. Maybe I just need to wait for it to drop to -30 and more hams will be on the air and work it for a few more months. Haven't tried RTTY yet but, I will certainly look into it.

7. KI7AAR

That was wait for ND temp to drop to -30 degrees F, not dB. :)

8. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Worked K0CRF 20M PSK yesterday.

9. N0IU

N0IU Ham Member QRZ Page

That's the easy part, now you have to get him confirmed!

10. K3UJ

K3UJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Soon, I already have ND confirmed, so no rush. I don't like sending QSL's in December. Afraid between the Christmas cards and holiday rush, they'll get missed. My card will go out early January.