ad: MyersEng-1

Are there any Bluetooth capable rigs?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by W4ZD, Dec 18, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
  1. WC8L

WC8L Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here in West Virginia the law specifically exempts licensed Ham radio operators from the hands free requirement.

2. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

That's great in West Virginia
    But many states have not done that.
    However even if I'm driving in West Virginia and have the option, I will go hands-free. Now we need the manufacturers to make more Bluetooth wireless capable equipment.

3. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I know the AnyTone 878UV has bluetooth capability... granted, it is an HT, but it is there. I did a video recently on how to hook it all up.

4. N5AF

N5AF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

5. K5ATA

K5ATA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

6. AD0HT

AD0HT Ham Member QRZ Page

ic-705 has it. Don't know when it comes out for sale.

7. W4EAE

W4EAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

D878UVPlus has Bluetooth, but capability is limited. PTT is only available through a button that ships with the radio.

Yaesu's Bluetooth implementation is limited to audio, and good luck finding a non-Yaesu headset that works with it.

Icom's optional Bluetooth board that you can add to the ID-4100 can supply audio to one device, and allow you to control the radio with an Android / iPhone. The ID-5100 has similar Bluetooth features as well, but does not play well with iPhone on the rig control side.

8. KN4CQB

KN4CQB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

buddy has a 2M rig in his truck. Not sure of the brand but he talks to it through his bluetooth interface. Has a PPT button.

9. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Here ya go. On the BT wagon long before us.
    [​IMG]

Knock yourself out.

10. KH8AC

KH8AC Ham Member QRZ Page

Be careful. Everybody announcing and promoting BLUETOOTH enabled.

Then find out all it is is a BLUETOOTH receiver.

If I were smart maybe I could figure it out. CCrane 2E Radio now a BLUETOOTH version. My car radios BLUETOOTH, etc. etc. They don't transmit anything...just receivers....

Just a consumer car radio nice to listen to it at a small distance away ? Change frequencies ? nope