APRS PRO on an Iphone

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by N1KTJ, Feb 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
  1. N1KTJ

N1KTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

So have had the APRS PRO application on my iphone for a while, but would like to take advantage of it more often for HR APRS. Have a line splitter that can attach to the earphone port and separate the microphone and the speaker.

Should I be able to run APRS HF doing this? Assuming that I adjust the levels of the audio signals into and out of the HF radio, and the cellphone? Also assuming the HF radio has VOX.

Has anyone done this?

When looking at the various videos for this application, it looks like they just use sound coupling, with no audio cables.

2. N1KTJ

Here is the link to the web site. it shows a VHF to cellphone cable. Which is pretty nice.

http://aprspro.com/v1/

But nothing for a cellphone to HF rig. Suppose it can be adapted.

3. WG8Z

WG8Z Ham Member QRZ Page

VHF APRS 1200 baud
    HF APRS 300 baud

4. WG8Z

WG8Z Ham Member QRZ Page

Interesting, Love to hear how it works out for ya.

5. CT1EIZ

CT1EIZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

73, de CT1EIZ.
    If you have an HF transceiver, an iPhone and would like to try working a popular digital mode, then this post is for you. This will teach how to workAPRS in the HF band. It is actually very easy and you don't even need to build any special cable. The iPhone can decode the APRS signal right from the speaker of your radio.
    Just tune 10.147,6 USB Mode. Switch on your mobile phone. Download APRSpro. Select RX/TX via Audio and adjust baud rate to 300. And you are ready!
    Demo video:

6. N1KTJ

and make sure the room is completely silent. and make sure the signal is clear audio.

7. VA7DGP

VA7DGP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Using the Easy Digi and Iphone set up. IF the HF radio has vox. It should be quite doable. In our area, we are playing with Easy Digi and someone mentioned on our net last night about this program about APRS. We have been playing SSTV with VOX. I can see that there will not be an issue using APRS Pro and easy Digi with a Vox HF so that you could use it on HF. If's the offset on 10.147.00 ?? for APRS that I would have to do a search. I know I've used 10.147.500 with UIview and my pactor scs-ptc tnc.

Don va7dgp