applying for a special event station

Discussion in 'Becoming an Amateur Radio Operator/Upgrading Privi' started by KC0WTS, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC0WTS

KC0WTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone have any experience applying for a special event station? I know I've got to file an application 2 months prior to the 1st of the month of the event but other than that I'm clueless.

2. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

3. KC0WTS

KC0WTS Ham Member QRZ Page

Well what I want to use it for would be to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts of America at our camp session in 2010. Is there any way that I could get a 1x3 format(like W0BSA) just for those ten days or would I have to use either my call for the event station or the 1x1 format?

4. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

The only kind you can get easily is the 1x1.

Another possible alternative is to ask the holder of an existing BSA call, and see if they would be willing to let you operate with their callsign. I should say ask very nicely, because the owner of that call is on the hook for any violations you commit.

The national BSA HQ has the callsign K2BSA. I know their are some Amateur Radio explorer posts that have various BSA callsigns. Or, since it's over a year away, you can start you own club, and apply for a BSA vanity callsign for it.

Having said all of that, you best bet is to use your own callsign. You can probably come up with some good phonetics, since the phonetic for the last letter of your call can be "Scouts" or "Scouting".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.