ad: k1jek

Anytone BT in a Toyota Tundra

Discussion in 'Mobile Radio Systems' started by W7DOA, Mar 26, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: OK1UUad-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. W7DOA

W7DOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking for people who've had some problems setting up the Bluetooth on an Anytone 578 in a 2013 Toyota Tundra. I go through all the steps and get everything working. The BT PTT button works, it cuts the XMradio when the 578 is receiving, it cuts the XM radio when I push the PTT button, the cell phone mic in the cab works, the truck cab speakers work, everything works splendidly until.... I turn the truck or the radio off. When I turn it back on, nothing syncs back up again. Well, the Bluetooth PTT will connect again. But the radio will not connect back to the truck. I have to do the entire pairing process all over again. Delete out the previous connections on both the radio and the stereo in the truck. I have tried connecting using "Phone only" as well as "Phone and internal audio". Both do the same thing. My truck has three options too, the third one is BT Audio, like if you were to connect an Ipod or something. That won't even connect. Anyone else have this problem with a Toyota a few years old?

2. AJ3O

AJ3O Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I believe that you have Bluetooth the Tundra setup for custom settings per user? This may cause it? It allows the Bluetooth to save custom settings for more than one "phone" connection but when doing that it states that will now have to manually select the one that you want to use.

Disclaimer: I have not tried any of this but I was bored just the other day and was going through the settings in the truck to pass time and saw that notification. I guess it made sense in my mind. Hi hi

W7DOA likes this.
  3. W7DOA

W7DOA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I forgot to take this post down. Here's what I found. Toyota uses a different version of bluetooth and implement it differently. I talked to Bridgecomm and they said it was a known problem and may be fixed in future FW releases.