ad: elecraft

AnyTone AT-D878UV In-Depth Review – DMR HT with APRS!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Jan 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W4EAE

W4EAE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks. Worked like a charm.

2. AA9ZI

AA9ZI Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Great review Pascal! Did you find the radio duplex-capable as well? Thank your for your insight.

73 “TJ" AA9ZI

3. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all, hope this question is not so silly...i want to use digital aprs...so i have to 1: Enable gps and 2: to have a zone that has the digital repeaters to use ? I think i am missing something.

4. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

The anytone 868 is the OLD version , the added features into the new 878 are:

- Bluetooth module (optional) or buy the new 878 PLUS with BT inside

- Roaming mode like the high cost radios motorola or hytera !

- APRS analogue and digital

- 200.000 database inside ham-radio calls with the new FW 1.13 !

For APRS you enable the GPS module inside and ability the APRS and chose what you whant to use ot the

Digital (like the olf 868) or the Analogue .....

ok? best 73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

5. IW2BSF

NEWS of 5 July of the NEW Anytone 578 mobile dualbander DMR 50 Watt:

AnyTone has released some more information about their new DMR Mobile Radio known as AT-D578UV.

Prices and specifcations will not be available until late July

They will have multiple versions of radios as follows:

a. Tri Band with BlueTooth and GPS with Part FCC Part 15 but not FCC Part 90 available in August.
    b. Dual Band FCC Part 90 available in September. No mention if it will have BlueTooth or GPS
    c. A version with only Bluetooth with no GPS
    d. A version with only GPS but no Bluetooth
    e. A version for recording

The Bluetooth Microphone with display is still in development without a release date.

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

6. W4PHS

W4PHS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I recently purchased an AnyTone AT-D878uv+. I like the radio, but it's locked up twice. The first time I cleared it by powering off and back on. The second time, it wouldn't power off. I had to remove and reinstall the battery. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running firmware 1.13.

What is the "Friends List" for? I can't figure out where you use the friends?

There are two channels displayed, one at the top of the screen and one below. The active one has larger characters. I assumed pressing PTT always transmitted on the active one (larger characters) but apparently if it receives a signal on the other (not active) channel, replies automatically go to it. Is there a way to set it to always use the active channel (large characters)?

Phil, W4PHS

IW2BSF likes this.
  7. IW2BSF

hi Phil ,

if you do this continuous freeze and you have the last FW 1.13 you should do a particular procedure that seems to solve everything, you have to look for it in the various anytone groups on facebook, here there is the solution for your "freeze" !

for your other questions ALL are banality that you will discover with time, in the English anytone users guide yes finds little and badly explained, I made a mega guide with almost everything on this radio of over 420 pages and for ham-radio but ONLY in Italian language, sorry!

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

8. KM6WFW

KM6WFW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

anytone 878 I am in need of help. I can see my tx and rx on the pi but l have never heard anyone. am i missing something in the code plugs or setting of the radio?

IW2BSF likes this.
  9. IW2BSF

...... contact you them, they are so good at downloading people who help others, maybe they'll respond to you! good luck, 73