ad: UR5CDX-1

AnyTone AT-D878UV In-Depth Review – DMR HT with APRS!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Jan 2, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. WB2YMU

WB2YMU Ham Member QRZ Page

Can this radio be used in dual band RX IE vhf/uhf ...vhf/vhf etc in the vfo mode...Interested for SAT work...???

2. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

i think NO for sat radio ues ... is not a REAL dualbander radio ... only one VFO RX work , hi !

ROAMING PROBLEM

the problem is that in all the world the DMR Network have two network the brandmeister and the dmr-plus !

Here in italy the situation is very BAD... we have 3 separate dmr network , a very big problem too .

For the creation of groups of roaming lists (for the 3 separate dmr networks) you can do it easily .... But the problem is that if two bridges of different networks and different id have the same frequency you will understand that even if you have done the two lists you can not discriminate the above mentioned bridge because the roaming system is based on the reception of the transmitted frequency and not with id dmr !!

i not say if Motorola or Hytera radios his roaminf mode is based on the id-dmr repeaters ....

the anytone 878 (and i think the new mobile 578 ) is based ONLY the scan in roaming for the frequencies... and this is not good for this problem of the two separate DMR NETWORK .

3. KI6PMD

KI6PMD Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as working Satellite with a H.T. the best radios for that are the TH-D72 & TH-D74 Kenwood dual band & tri-band handheld radios they are very $$$ but with APRS & GPS + all the other GOODIES they can't be beat ! with these radios you can work the FM sats & the digi sats + the ISS !!! WOW ! 73' Phil KI6PMD..

KC1OCA likes this.
  4. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

If this radio works on APRS I'll be glad to see it. If anyone on this thread needs help with APRS programming, I can be reached at ad4zu.fl@gmail.com This, if in fact, has the capabilities of a Kenwood or Yaesu for APRS might be a good radio at $200.00. I really dislike DMR, so you won't find me purchasing one. But, again, if anyone needs help with understanding APRS, feel free to send an email. Happy to help. 73 Chris

5. AD4ZU

AD4ZU Ham Member QRZ Page

PART 90

6. WB2YMU

WB2YMU Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks...was just wondering..
    I have a IC-51a I will evetually use for SAT work att....or my IC-5100a...

7. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

DA 18-801

8. W4EAE

W4EAE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What sort of information do you have that the Alinco will get APRS?

I am asking because there doesn't even seem to be any factory firmware available, much less upgrades. Until 2 weeks ago, the DJ-MD5GP didn't even appear on the Alinco support website. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Alinco, and it does exactly what I originally bought it for. It is just that I am considering buying additional equipment for APRS, and I don't want to waste the money if I don't have to.

9. IW2BSF

....... only a "rumors" ??? hi hi :)

10. KK4HPY

KK4HPY Ham Member QRZ Page

There is another review by David Cassler on youtube where he investigates and proves it is FCC certified.

IW2BSF likes this.
  11. IW2BSF

please post the LINK ?

12. IW2BSF

NEWs about the future (in march 2019 ? ) Module Bluetooth optional:

The D878UV radio will add a circuit board and an antenna inside the radio. The kit will also include an external Bluetooth PTT switch (powered by a battery and connected to the radio by pairing with the radio), so also a cellular type headset with a microphone paired to the radio.

When used in a vehicle and paired with the car, the radio can play music and when an analog call or DMR arrives, the music on the radio will stop and the call will be heard over the car speaker. If you press the PTT button (velcro on the steering wheel), you use the microphone in the car !

great !!! 73 de IW2BSF Rudy

13. IW2BSF

The very best of this module BT is that not used a mike and ear external (like a normal BT handset) but used the internal system audio of your car , GREAT !!!

Thanks for this info to Trygve Svard

Best 73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

BT anytone.jpeg

14. KB2UEW

KB2UEW Ham Member QRZ Page

nice video Pascual 73 good luck

15. AD8BV

AD8BV Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm sure someones gotten to this first, but it has that spread because the anytone is type accepted for commercial use. (as long as the keypad programming remains disabled)