Anytone AT-D578UV III Pro

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by AC1HD, Mar 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
  1. AC1HD

AC1HD Ham Member QRZ Page

For the first time in my life, I was the lucky winner of a brand new radio from Bridgecom Systems in February 2020. The nice folks at Bridgecom sent me the radio, DV Mega Dual Band HotSpot, Custom Programming, and a Tri-band antenna.

Thank you Bridgecom!

Now, onto the radio review. I purchased and use an Anytone 878, so I am familiar with the CPS. Thanks to the folks at Bridgecom, they completed an initial code plug, that I modified for my local repeaters and personal favorites.

I have read in many reviews that folks struggle with "band error" messages when trying to input the 220 frequency stations into their radio CPS. Here's the trick. Make sure you "Import" from the radio into the CPS and build your code plug from this imported file. Even if it is a blank, brand new radio. This opens the 220 bands for you.

The build quality of this radio is superb. It works well, and the buttons and knobs feel extremely solid. Much like the 878, you have full customization options for presets on the buttons both on the handset and the face of the unit. The screen is incredibly clear, and while smaller-has a great deal of information laid out in a very easily readable manner. Customizing the color's and background is a nice touch.

I don't have a local digital repeater close enough to my location, but use a hotspot. It works great with the hotspot. When it comes to analog repeaters, it works great here too. I haven't played with the recording options, but I am sure that it will work well when I get to that point.

I have used the GPS module that comes included, and after loading my own version of the code plug, was happy to see my call sign on the aprs.fi site on the first try.

The handset has a really cool function, which allows you to transmit on the B Band while the radio is set to the A Band as the main channel.

With regards to the additional "goodies" received, the Anytone tri-band antenna seems well made, and so far has worked well for me to pick up analog stations from a decent distance.

I am very pleased overall with this radio, I have no complaints. While I didn't actually purchase this radio, the value of what you get in this unit is solid. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a mobile tri-band unit OR a solid base unit for your shack. Be sure to call or shop with my friends at Bridgecom, they will make DMR easy for you, and hook you up with a great product!

Ray
    AC1HD

Attached Files:

K1AFS likes this.
  2. N3RSJ

N3RSJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats.
    I was reading somewhere Anytone would later have a Bluetooth wireless detached face plate
    that syncs up with this radio? Is anything in the box/paperwork indicates this for near future?
    I would imagine a remote extension cable for mic would have to be provided?
    Radio looks good you can't beat it technolgy now if fusion ftm-300 can crossband digital to analog also.
    I was really hoping that the Anytone;s 220 was 50 watts and had a working S Meter maybe on the next model.

3. AC1HD

AC1HD Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi, I have read that as well, about there being a removable faceplate. There was nothing in the box to indicate that. Yes, there is a remote cable for the ptt that can velcro around a steering wheel included.
    73, AC1HD

4. KB9LIQ

KB9LIQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the report and congrats on the win. Being on a fixed income I have to watch the funds so learning all I can before I do buy is important. Was going to order the 578 from bridgecom so I could maybe get it installed this weekend but noticed the charge shipping. With that there are other places that will save me over $40 just on the radio. Not sure why I can buy the 878 for $238 and free shipping but spend $400 for the 578 and they want more money to ship