ad: HamHats-1

AnyTone AT-D578UV III PRO In-Depth Review DMR Mobile

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Dec 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9SSW

N9SSW Ham Member QRZ Page

Seriously considering purchasing one of these for the shack after I swore I would never buy another Chinese radio. I have $600 invested into Chinese mobile quad band radios that strung together end-to-end have provided no more than three years of service and are all currently sitting in the junk box while my 25 year old Alinco DR-610 dual bander AGAIN assumes their duties.... Anyone hear of any reliability issues with any of these 578's? Blown outputs? non recoverable CPU lock ups? Endless unstoppable BEEPING? non-repairable Boot failure\lockups? Don't mean to sound bitter, but I have been bit too hard to trust easily again... Any suppliers who offer a warranty or even better yet an extended warranty that is actually viable, since the factory Chinese warranties for all these radio's are useless? So how long has everyone owned an 578 and operated trouble free?

Nick

de N9SSW

2. K8HIT

K8HIT Ham Member QRZ Page

The HT model of this radio just came out as a new version. It holds 500K contacts (vs. 200K). Since the Contact list is about 195K right now, that could be important to an operator. I have no specific knowledge, but I 'm guessing there may be an upgraded model released soon. This model of 578 has a 200K limit.

WB5UZI likes this.