ad: RichCrouch-1

AnyTone AT-D578UV III PRO In-Depth Review DMR Mobile

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VA2PV, Dec 24, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. VA2PV

VA2PV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The AnyTone AT-D578UVIIIPRO is an amateur radio DMR and FM mobile transceiver for VHF, 220MHz and UHF (Tri-band). It has a full duplex dual receiver with crossmode and crossband capabilities. It also has many cool features like APRS, DMR Roaming and many more.

73 Pascal VA2PV

AnyTone_AT-D578UVIIIPRO_EN_HD.jpg

2. N6NLX

N6NLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the review Pascal. Looks like a lot of nice features. I’m going to wait until it comes out with a remote head capability. There just isn’t any space for a whole radio in my dashboard.

KN0A likes this.
  3. N2SAB

N2SAB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I agree, they definitely need a remote head option. Mounting space is at a premium.

KN0A likes this.
  4. AA1PR

AA1PR Ham Member QRZ Page

interface with a PI3 on allstar & you have a cross link from DMR to FM allstar

N2IDD likes this.
  5. ON5ANI

ON5ANI Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Super for dmr !! Perfect modulation. N

6. KE4ITL

KE4ITL Ham Member QRZ Page

I've said for years that mobiles need a detachable head as a standard feature. There hasn't been much real estate in vehicles for mobile radios since the 1990s.

FWIW, any mobile that I put in my car HAS to have a detachable head. There's just not enough room for a non detachable head mobile.

W0AMT and UT7UX like this.
  7. W4EAE

W4EAE Subscriber QRZ Page

Great video.

I own the D878UV, and I primarily use it with out statewide DMR network in SC. The network is built well enough that I have been all over the state and have been able to access the system from the HT with a rubber duck from inside my car. For that simple reason, I felt absolutely no need for a DMR mobile. However, I did not know about the cross-mode repeat. That is suddenly making the radio tempting.

8. N2IDD

N2IDD Ham Member QRZ Page

Great Review. So far I like the ease of Code Plug exchange between the 878 and 578.

9. KH6DC

KH6DC Ham Member QRZ Page

It would be great that there's a separation kit. Space is almost zilch in my truck and I could mount he head in an unused pocket and the rest under either passenger or driver's front seat. I haven't sprung for this yet and waiting.

W0AMT likes this.