ANYTONE AT-779UV Can't stop memory scanning!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Equipment Reviews' started by 2E0EGZ, May 21, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. 2E0EGZ

2E0EGZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All,

Just bought the above radio, the selling point was that it came programmed with all the Uk repeaters.
    However, when you have it scanning in memory mode, there is no way of stopping it scanning further when it finds a working station.
    It just stops for a few seconds, then carries on scanning, with no way of stopping it.
    I have tried everything, I can stop it, but it stops at the last station I used not the one it has stopped at.
    I have looked on YouTube and Google with no help to how to pause it in scanning mode.

Thanks.

Tim

2. MM7DSA

MM7DSA Ham Member QRZ Page

Simply press the A (fun) on the mike to stop scanning. Also go to function 24 menu to set scanning pause time. I give mine 10 seconds to give time to stop scanning .

3. 2E0EGZ

Hi, thanks for reply.
    I've tried pressing the A (fun) button on the mike, and it stops scanning, however it doesn't stop scanning on the channel it is at, instead it goes to and stops at the previous memory channel that I used.
    I've also changed the pause time to 10 seconds, simply so that if I want to go to that channel it gives me time to write it down.
    On VHO mode, it's no problem, if I'm scanning and then press the A (fun) it stops there.
    So, if what you are saying is correct, then there is some thing wrong with my radio, which means I can tell the radio shop I bought it from so.
    I've returned it to them already, and they have said that is how the radio is, which I find hard to believe.
    If you could kindly confirm on scanning on memory mode, that your radio stops when you press the A (fun) button at the memory station is it at.
    Thanks Again,
    Tim

4. M7MMC

M7MMC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi and good evening,
    I have the opposite problem with mine at the moment. I can't get the radio to scan at all. I have all the channels in memory mode unticked from scan skip, and it still doesn't scan. Although it does in VFO mode no problem. Anyone else having this issue?
    Regards,
    Michael.

5. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Key the radio?

6. M7MMC

M7MMC Ham Member QRZ Page

Edit - sorry, answered wrong post.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  7. GM0HSC

GM0HSC QRZ Member

Hi Tim

Did you ever get to the bottom of this, I'm having the same problem

Regards
    Hugh GM0HSC

8. 2E0EGZ

Hi Hugh,
    No I didn't, or yes I did, as it seems that is how it is with this radio, which is a bit stupid in my opinion.They had a review in Practical Wireless Magazine about the radio, I contacted the reviewer afterwards, and he said his radio did the same.
    So I guess we just have to live with it.
    When I'm scanning I have to have a pen and paper so I can write down the station, then co back to it.
    Cheers
    Tim