Anytone At-5888-uv

Discussion in 'Radio Circuits, Repair & Performance' started by KE0IHD, Mar 11, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KE0IHD

KE0IHD Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a Anytone At-5888-uv that I bought brand new and it had been a great radio. I picked up another Anytone At-5888-uv at a hamfest for cheap, when they sold it to me they said it was low on 2m, took it home and it definitely was, so my question is what could be the cause of the low output power and is it something that I could repair myself? capacitor or driver in the front?. I'm a Technician and working toward becoming a general but zile still have alot to learn and alot that I don't understand.

2. G4COE

G4COE Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all try a full CPU reset, doing this you will loose any stored frequencies.

Low RF output power I'd be checking the input and output of the RF pa block, just because the output is low we can't go casting evil eyes on the finals or whatever they use.... pin diodes & relays can cause such problems, think of block stages rather than the actual circuit.

Reaching for the soldering iron is the last thing you want top be doing..... guessing and trying can easily lead to further damage as well as confusion an RF voltmeter or scope is your friend here.

Dave

3. KE0IHD

Thanks for the information have not figured out how to do a reset on that radio I tried to find information on it and I can't seem to find my factory manual but if you know how to do it please let me know thank you for getting back to me. KE0IHD

4. G4COE

G4COE Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KE0IHD

Thank you Dave I will give that a try tonight, if that doesn't fix it I have a guy lined up to repair it. Thank you for your time and research. 73

6. K5PCO

K5PCO Ham Member QRZ Page

Were you able to fix your Anytone? I have one that needs fixing as well.

7. KE0IHD

yes I was able to get it fixed I had a guy replace I think diodes I think there were 4 that got replaced cheap repair radio worked great afterwards

8. K5PCO

K5PCO Ham Member QRZ Page

That's great! Can you share his info - I'd love to get mine working correctly again.

9. KE0IHD

I am good on QRZ if you want to send me a email with your information I will email him your information and he can get back to you

10. KE0IHD

Email me your info and he will get a hold of you. I just talked to him.