Anytone 878 UV II Plus - APRS Receive

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KE0VUL, Apr 22, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KB6OOC

KB6OOC Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah, found it. So in the CPS (D878UVII Version 2.00), at the left, go to "APRS" and a bunch of APRS settings opens in a new window. At the bottom right there are a bunch of vertical checkboxes. I enabled all of them and the reprogrammed the radio and now I am seeing decoded data on the screeen. Now to see if I can get it to stay on screen for more than the 2 or 3 seconds that it does.

2. K8HIT

K8HIT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The APRS config in the CPS needs to be turned on. In the CPS go to Tools, then Option. Check the boxes that interest you.

I see the word 'filter' on the HT itself, not in CPS. The filters on the HT match the checkboxes on the lower right of APRS tab in the CPS.

3. W9II

W9II XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I also am new to the 878uvII,

I put a few stations in the receive list with there callsign - ssid and it saved a few reports under, /setup/aprs/ana aprs info

Also I had programed a aprs channel and noticed a few stations decoded and popped up a fast display for a few seconds on the screen, which
    seemed to be recorder like log file on radio under info.

I have aprsRx also checked under menu.

I am wondering if the firmware is slightly buggy...

Joel w9ii

4. EI5IEB

EI5IEB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I received my Anytone 878UVII today. Like others, APRS is not meeting my expectations.
    I have enabled APRS in the CPS and ticked all the APRS filter boxes even though they are not labelled as such.
    I am receiving APRS position and message data from my own Callsign and separate SSID when I send data from APRSDoid connected to HT for RF transmission.
    However, messages sent to me from other callsigns fail to get decoded even when I enable "receive allow" and set their callsign and ssid in the CPS.
    When APRS data is sent via a local digipeater only data from my callsign-ssid is decoded by the radio. I can hear the noise of other packets but they are not getting decoded.
    Hopefully, this is a minor bug that Anytone will fix in a future firmware release

5. K8HIT

I'm not sure where to report firmware issues, where you able to bring this up with a support tech?

6. EI5IEB

EI5IEB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not sure where to report firmware issues either. I have emailed the vendor I purchased the radio from to see if they can point me in the right direction.

7. VK2FOLD

VK2FOLD Ham Member QRZ Page

I also fail to receive any APRS packets. I can hear them and my SDR can decode them fine.
    I configured an APRS zone / channel, ticked the APRS RX box, and enabled all filters.
    What to do next?

8. K8HIT

Did you upgrade to firmware 2.02n? It was released June 16, 21

9. W1AMI

W1AMI Ham Member QRZ Page

Anyone figure this out yet? Same issue. 878UVII sends fine, looks like its receiving something but never displays and does not show in the Ana APRS info screen. Everything is turned on, rx channel set..even contacted bridgecom.. nada.