ad: Schulman-1

AnyTone 878 Used With The Internal Bluetooth System On Your Car

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by IW2BSF, Jan 29, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. M0JFK

M0JFK Ham Member QRZ Page

It is also very rude too. We got yeah drift... but you always get one.

KD2GIY likes this.
  2. IW2BSF

IW2BSF Ham Member QRZ Page

very poor HAM-SPIRIT here , hi hi ! :-(

3. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Really? My D74 works just fine with the BT in my truck, laptop, and headset.

4X1ST likes this.
  4. VE2RI

VE2RI Ham Member QRZ Page

5. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I DO NOT CONSIDER USING CAPS AS SHOUTING OL'MAN, I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU!!! YOU'RE SPENDING TOO MUCH TIME ON UR FONE "TEXTING"!!! :) HI ! HI!, OOPS I SHOULD HAVE SAID TO YOU (LOL/LOL!!!)

6. IW2BSF

well at the end the BLUETOOTH optional module has arrived .... !!!

Now you have to understand how it connects to the car's BT system, and how will it do for PTT?

73 de IW2BSF - Rudy

BT-anytone.jpeg

4X1ST likes this.
  7. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

The fact of the matter is if we're going to continue to operate mobile we're going to have to use Bluetooth devices . Hands free, it is the law in many states at this point and many law enforcement officers don't distinguish amateur radio from any other type of portable device. Bluetooth will help that situation a lot, don't get me wrong I'm old school and sill love the microphone in my hand, so don't give me a hard time about endorsing Bluetooth, but I also love operating mobile, so Buetooth or some kind of handsfree connectivity may be the only way to continue operating HF, VHF/UHF mobile.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    4X1ST likes this.
  8. WB2YMU

WB2YMU Ham Member QRZ Page

And spoke to Bridgecomm people and it will NOT be available anytime soon for the US market....

9. IW2BSF

Here in Italy the Bluetooth is obligatory in car for Law , is not possibile use the mike !!!

A collegue amatuer radio in Switzerland have a 878 NEW with just included the BT module .

10. VE3SGG

VE3SGG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

There is one aspect of this discussion that eludes me.

In my car, I need to press a button to answer, ignore or terminate a cellular call. My car and truck each have their own “voice command” system but they are not great. Some have suggested to purchase a BT earpiece/PTT button/dongle set but there is still a need to press a PTT button to make this work. Or is VOX used instead ? I use an ICOM HM-186LS speaker/microphone with my HT in the vehicle and my mike is clipped to my shirt. I reach the PTT button that is secured to my shirt for talking. I do not hold the mike in my hand.

I do not know the answer to this question but why are some HAMs getting tickets? Is the issue that the PTT button is not on the steering wheel or integrated into the car? Or, is holding a mike with one hand considered a safety issue (i.e. both hands on the steering) ?

Also, is there a website that identifies in each state the applicable law for the use of hand mike in a vehicle?

Thanks.

11. IW2BSF

NO..... both system used a remote PTT control ! the BT dongle and the internal BT anytone have an external PTT wireless control.

12. KG9ZTX

KG9ZTX Ham Member QRZ Page

This might work well for motorcycle users who have Bluetooth headphones and microphones in their helmets and want a go radio to use and hideaway in our saddle bags, or for those of us with Trikes our top trunk.

My Harley works well with my cell phone and Bluetooth. It would be awesome if this worked as well.

If you have a chance, pop down to a Harley dealer and try it out if you could!

13. IW2BSF

GOOD news by Anytone .... next weeks arrived 2 Bluetooth , one internal and one external , nice this ! :)

14. DO6NIK

DO6NIK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Do you know when the 878 with BT will be available in Germany / EU.
    I´m realy interested while palning to use it in my car.
    Due to new regulations in Germany from 2020 on the use of handmikes is not longer allowed.

73 de Nik
    DO6NIK

15. IW2BSF

in italy is NOT possible on 2018 ! Anytone say in April... i hope too , hi :) 73